• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Drink nothing but water for 30 days.

Jerry

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This just a little something I'm doing, not really a new years resolution or anything.

I consume a lot of mood food, usually impulse buys and it's usually Monster, coffee, soda, beer, liquor, stuff like that. So I'm taking a month to drink nothing but water. I do already drink plenty of water throughout the day, so for me this is more of about cutting out the crap than making sure I'm hydrated. The exceptions to the rule I make are 5hr energy, V8, and milk when it's part of food like a bowl of cereal.

No soda. No alcohol. No fruit juices. No egg nog. Etc.

Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:
This just a little something I'm doing, not really a new years resolution or anything.

I consume a lot of mood food, usually impulse buys and it's usually Monster, coffee, soda, beer, liquor, stuff like that. So I'm taking a month to drink nothing but water. I do already drink plenty of water throughout the day, so for me this is more of about cutting out the crap than making sure I'm hydrated. The exceptions to the rule I make are 5hr energy, V8, and milk when it's part of food like a bowl of cereal.

Let's see how it goes.
Good luck with that, Jerry. I always wondered about the results of that myself.

So far I try my best to drink water at work with non concentrated lemon juice and when I'm restaurants I drink water with lemon in it.

I can't wait to read your results. ;)

Let's see how it goes.

It may help to flavor that water with sugar free drink mixes that lack aspartame (like 4C). I gave up soda pop and sweetened tea completely that way. I still drink plain water to keep hydrated while I work but prefer flavored water at home.

Let's see how it goes.

V8- watch the sodium
Energy drinks- careful on type and amount you drink

Caffeine levels in energy drinks - Consumer Reports

good luck, Jerry. i probably would have a hard time doing that. i like diet juice too much. hope that it works out for you.

Let's see how it goes.

I'd cut the 5 hour energy also.

Let's see how it goes.

Nothing wrong with that, just don't go too heavy on the water. You can dilute your electrolytes to the point where you have problems.

Sounds awesome! Let us know how it goes :2wave:

Let's see how it goes.

I stopped eating anything containing chocolate, and drinking carbonated beverages 30 years ago.

Three years ago I became aware of the massive amounts of sugar infused into processed food products and began avoiding as many as possible.

Meanwhile, I do stretching, calisthenics, and run.

As a result, as of my recent comprehensive physical exam I have the blood pressure of a 20 year old (120 over 75); normal weight for a healthy male half my age based on height; and normal body chemistry statistics.

The point is, start the process and stick to it; you will see benefits eventually.

Let's see how it goes.

Good luck.

By the end you'l feel ****ing fabulous.

I've been doing a modified Atkins diet for two months now. It's actually not that hard. I used to think I had a soda addiction and needed the energy but it's quite the opposite. My energy levels are pretty much the same. I haven't cheated on my diet once despite all the Thanksgiving, Christamas, New Years, and workplace potlucks. Basically I'm just trying to take in as few carbs as possible.

People who drink more water see quicker results with weight loss. When I cut out just soda several years ago, i literally lost 5 pounds in the first week. But i could never give up drinking coffee. Luckily, I drink it straight with no additives:

tumblr_mctalko.gif

:)

I'm braking my 'diet' today due to a medication ariving late. I ran out and was off it for a couple days, and insomnia is a withdrawl symptom. So I brought some caffeine with me to work to get me through the night without having an accident.

I have my meds now but it takes a while to get back to normal. I don't expect I'll need anything past tonight.

Let's see how it goes.

A dietary decision I made at the end of college, when the first major metabolism slowdown starts to hit (generally) was to cut out all caloric beverages other than: milk, unsweetened vegetable juices, and drinks containing booze.

It worked well. You won't miss the rest. (Though I note, you're also cutting out booze, which should have more drastic effects. I opted to keep the booze but cut all sweets/deserts instead)

I'm braking my 'diet' today due to a medication ariving late. I ran out and was off it for a couple days, and insomnia is a withdrawl symptom. So I brought some caffeine with me to work to get me through the night without having an accident.

I have my meds now but it takes a while to get back to normal. I don't expect I'll need anything past tonight.

Ah, but, if it's just caffeine: Swallow a NoDoz with a glass of water....

Ah, but, if it's just caffeine: Swallow a NoDoz with a glass of water....
That stuff just keeps from sleeping later on. Without sugger to deliver the caffeine to the blood faster there's no removal of sluggishness.

You consume a lot of mood food because you are genetically prone to do so. Behavior when it comes to food consumption and self health concerns seldom changes overnight so this seem far fetched and radical. Dieting is for fools. Changing the way you eat and drink is the only way out. Ask a dieter how many diets they have been on.

You consume a lot of mood food because you are genetically prone to do so. Behavior when it comes to food consumption and self health concerns seldom changes overnight so this seem far fetched and radical. Dieting is for fools. Changing the way you eat and drink is the only way out. Ask a dieter how many diets they have been on.

this is true. If you eat a good diet, you don't need to "diet"

Back
Top Bottom