• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Muslim Groups Voice Willingness To Combat Extremism In Their Faith

mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
More Muslim Groups Voice Willingness To Combat Extremism In Their Faith : NPR

""I think it's very important to be clear about this message, and to name it," says Zainab Al-Suwaij, the executive director of the American Islamic Congress. "When we talk about radical Islam, it does exist, and I don't need to be diplomatic [about it]. I think the message should be loud and clear, and this is not going to harm anyone."

The world needs more of him, right now.

""I think it's very important to be clear about this message, and to name it," says Zainab Al-Suwaij, the executive director of the American Islamic Congress. "When we talk about radical Islam, it does exist, and I don't need to be diplomatic [about it]. I think the message should be loud and clear, and this is not going to harm anyone."

It has taken 14 years to build any sort of consensus among Muslims on that point. But it is positive.

To my moderate muslim friends.......talk is cheap, put up or STFU.

I notice that the article quoted representatives of both CAIR and the Islamic Society of North America, but never mentioned that both are front groups for the Muslim Brotherhood. About what I'd expect from National Propaganda Radio. I don't give a damn what happy talk some front man for Islamists puts out when they start to get sweaty about Americans catching on to what they're up to. I assume that every last person in CAIR and the ISNA is a G--damned lying son of a whore--the whole reason the MB established those and other front groups here is to deceive Americans.

Muslims and Muslim organizations have always spoken out against such extremism. It just doesn't make for good press.

Back
Top Bottom