• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hostage negotiations underway in France

Hopefully somehow the French authorities can rescue the female hostage.

It's almost 1:00 p.m. in France right now, hopefully they can wrap this up before nightfall, but who knows?

Hopefully somehow the French authorities can rescue the female hostage.

I don't know how 1.500 police will make that more probable than say 1.000.

It's almost 1:00 p.m. in France right now, hopefully they can wrap this up before nightfall, but who knows?

If they have to camp out over night or longer, I sure hope they have the logistics in place to feed and shower those 1.500 brave police.

Now there is a second standoff who is thought to have killed a policewoman yesterday. This is turning ugly for France.

If they have to camp out over night or longer, I sure hope they have the logistics in place to feed and shower those 1.500 brave police.

I'm going to throw a negative in here, what if the terrorists decide not to be taken alive? I mean, they, or any terrorist really doesn't value any human life, as we've seen in America and Afghanistan and Iraq, they just don't care if they kill themselves or others.

I'm hoping for the best, but am cynical about authorities having people like that cornered and this ending on a positive note.

I'm going to throw a negative in here, what if the terrorists decide not to be taken alive? I mean, they, or any terrorist really doesn't value any human life, as we've seen in America and Afghanistan and Iraq, they just don't care if they kill themselves or others.

I'm hoping for the best, but am cynical about authorities having people like that cornered and this ending on a positive note.

I think if you are a hostage in either one of these situations that you can assume you are going to die. With that said, you have nothing to lose but hope there is an opportunity that you can strike at the terrorist. You have to know once you make a move the police are going to rush in there in response. It is a gutsy gamble but really you have no choice.

I think if you are a hostage in either one of these situations that you can assume you are going to die. With that said, you have nothing to lose but hope there is an opportunity that you can strike at the terrorist. You have to know once you make a move the police are going to rush in there in response. It is a gutsy gamble but really you have no choice.

Appears to have ended, but to report on the hostages yet. Gunmen are said to be dead.

Back
Top Bottom