• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

What will you do?

• Not vote

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Vote for Clinton

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Vote for Bush

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 32 31.4%

• Total voters

Luke Skywalker

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Whom will you vote for, if you vote at all?

I won't be voting, if it happens that way. Queen Hillary the 2nd vs. King Jeb the 3rd? LOL - thanks, but no thanks. Think I'd rather dive into a den of cobras, then have to choose between one of those clowns. :lol:

What's scary is that it may just happen - goes to show how dumb we are becoming, imo.

Discuss - poll soon to follow.

OMG what a nightmare scenario! :lol:

I honestly don't know how I'd vote. I know that a libertarian has no chance of winning, and between the two you mention, I'm not sure that I could strongly support either, although Clinton would have been a huge improvement over what we have now.

OMG what a nightmare scenario! :lol:

I honestly don't know how I'd vote. I know that a libertarian has no chance of winning, and between the two you mention, I'm not sure that I could strongly support either, although Clinton would have been a huge improvement over what we have now.

Thanks for your candidness, Lizzie and yes, Clinton would be an improvement. Personally, I believe my dog Tuco (golden retriever) would also be an improvement over what we have now. :lol:

Gary Johnson - or whichever Libertarian is on the ballot ;)

Between those two I would have to go 3rd party. I could not in good conscience vote for another Bush or another Clinton.

Gary Johnson - or whichever Libertarian is on the ballot ;)

Love Gary Johnson - don't think he can win. I have a better chance, I think, of making it to Finland than Gary Johnson has of making it into the White House. In a few years, I may just choose Finland - IF my finances are in order.

Between those two I would have to go 3rd party. I could not in good conscience vote for another Bush or another Clinton.

I've voted 3rd party before and advocated for those candidates. I can practically hear crickets chirping in the background, while I preach on my soapbox, lol. So, Finland, here I come.

Yeah, Gary Johnson is great. I want a president who whines about not being included in debates, charitably kisses Ron Paul's ass to the point where he's campaigning for him rather than himself, pals around with Jesse Ventura and would rather ride bikes and climb mountains than campaign issues that are worth campaigning for.

Bush vs. Clinton? Does Ross Perot have a relative that is going to be running too? Then it could be like 1992 all over again.

I would vote for Gov. Jeb Bush.

Write in for Alfred E Newman.

Jeb would be a good POTUS if he ran the country like he did Florida but, he would **** that all up with Amnesty.

Unsure

While I'm not a fan of dynasties and nepotism, I feel Clinton is even more prepared to lead the nation than she was eight years ago, while the nation is still not strong enough to handle another Bush presidency.

Jeb would be a good POTUS if he ran the country like he did Florida but, he would **** that all up with Amnesty.

Unsure

To me the nation is in real trouble if the best we can do is another Bush and another Clinton, tells me that we have a real issue with a modern day aristocracy here.

Seriously, this is the best we have to run this nation?

While I'm not a fan of dynasties and nepotism, I feel Clinton is even more prepared to lead the nation than she was eight years ago, while the nation is still not strong enough to handle another Bush presidency.

I understand the sentiment on dynasties, but I disagree about Clinton being more prepared to lead the nation. One example being her time as Secretary of State is not all success.

To me the nation is in real trouble if the best we can do is another Bush and another Clinton, tells me that we have a real issue with a modern day aristocracy here.

Seriously, this is the best we have to run this nation?

We have a POTUS now who is and was never qualified to lead this country. At least Bush has some experience being a leader.

That being said, you probably right. It reminds me of the Monarchy...

I second this.

Can anyone who does not votes care to vote for Clinton on my behalf? Us foreigners are not allowed to do so. :mrgreen:

I won't be voting, if it happens that way. Queen Hillary the 2nd vs. King Jeb the 3rd? LOL - thanks, but no thanks. Think I'd rather dive into a den of cobras, then have to choose between one of those clowns. :lol:

What's scary is that it may just happen - goes to show how dumb we are becoming, imo.

I'd write in Jon Huntsman and then drink heavily.

I'm honestly not sure. Bush Sr. in a lot of ways was better than Bush Jr. and Bush Sr. was the death of the Republican that wasn't insane. Jeb apparently is more like his father and in some ways more progressive than say his brother.

Clinton was president for 8 years already, so she might do a good job for a third time also.

I'm honestly not sure. Bush Sr. in a lot of ways was better than Bush Jr. and Bush Sr. was the death of the Republican that wasn't insane. Jeb apparently is more like his father and in some ways more progressive than say his brother.

Clinton was president for 8 years already, so she might do a good job for a third time also.
Without giving Bush Sr. any undue credit, that's not a high hurdle to clear. Historians are generally ranking "W" at the bottom of their lists.

This is the same thing as asking if you would prefer to die from a heart attack or an aortal aneurism. I'd write in my truck - Buster Truck.

Personally, I don't have a say in the matter even though the President of the United States has a definite impact on Canada and other nations in the world.

That said, I find it remarkable that so many posters here are so hung up on the familial relationship of these two candidates and ignore the fact they are individual people in their own right with minds of their own and skills/talents/intelligence of their own that aren't governed by some cloned gene attached to their last name. People made the mistake of voting for Obama for what he represented rather than what he is/was and you see what a mess that got you into. Why are you so fixated on irrelevant stuff and not focused on who these two people are and what their policies/programs/governing styles will be?

And as I've posted many times before, Jeb Bush is by far the most competent, intelligent, serious, even tempered, candidate in any party and he'd be a fantastic President.

Set aside his family and explain what it is that you dislike about Jeb Bush. Everything negative I hear about him is either standard "He's a conservative, therefore I hate him." or "He's a Bush, therefore I hate him." Set aside the rhetoric and preconceived notions and look at the man and let us know what issues you have with him.

I really hope neither runs. I have had enough of the Clintons and enough of the Bush's. Its inconceivable to me that the best both parties have to offer is from these same two families. Jim Webb is rumored to be considering running for the Dems and I would actually consider voting for him if he ran. I could never vote for Hillary, though, so if it came down between the two I would have to vote for Jeb Bush.

2 1/2 pages of responses and only two that had anything to do with why people would choose one over the other based on the person's qualifications (one pro-Clinton, one pro-/anti-Jeb). Have we gotten so pathetic that we can't honestly look at candidates based on their qualifications and have to look at them based on anything except their qualifications?

Back
Top Bottom