• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen arrested at O'Hare airport in Chicago and charged with trying to aid ISIS[W:13]

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]Was arrested teen on his way to join ISIS?[/h](CNN) -- A suburban teen from the Chicago area was arrested at O'Hare International Airport over the weekend and accused of attempting to provide aid to ISIS, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Illinois announced Monday.
Mohammed Hamzah Khan, 19, is charged with one count of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.
According to a criminal complaint, a round-trip ticket was purchased for Khan from Chicago to Istanbul, Turkey.
Once he crossed security at the airport Saturday, federal agents stopped him and executed a search warrant at his home, where documents expressing support for ISIS and jihadists were recovered, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
The teen was taken into custody without incident.
The charge he faces carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Was arrested teen on his way to join ISIS? - CNN.com

Re: Teen arrested at O'Hare airport in Chicago and charged with trying to aid ISIS

This is only going to get worse, especially in the context of how we are giving this attention.

Re: Teen arrested at O'Hare airport in Chicago and charged with trying to aid ISIS

I thought traitors where hung.

His girl friend said he was! :roll:

Pity we have those silly things like "due process" around to get in the way.

That's only for the polically incorrect.

That's only for the polically incorrect.

No, grammatically incorrect.

No, grammatically incorrect.

Is that all you got? :lamo

That's a typo, not a grammar error. ;)

Oh, I'm sorry, did you want me to discuss your passive aggressive whining about "PC" seriously?
Because people who talk about "political correctness" as if it's this horrible thing are really just whining that the rest of the world doesn't feel like silently tolerating their asshole opinions. It's always some big drama production, too. The rhetoric is always stuff like how they are "under attack" by the "PC police," or "censorship," or even hung. The reality is that "PC" is just another aspect of freedom of speech. It's just people expressing their opinion about someone else's opinions or actions. But if it doesn't go your way, I guess that's just not fair.

Last edited:

His girl friend said he was! :roll:

Sorry, I guess I should have said "hanged". Guess the grammar nazis needed something to do.

Moderator's Warning:
I'd suggest that you all get back on topic and stop this crap. Unless of course you WANT infracted and thread banned? I can accommodate you and anyone else that wants spanked.....

Oh, I'm sorry, did you want me to discuss your passive aggressive whining about "PC" seriously?
Because people who talk about "political correctness" as if it's this horrible thing are really just whining that the rest of the world doesn't feel like silently tolerating their asshole opinions. It's always some big drama production, too. The rhetoric is always stuff like how they are "under attack" by the "PC police," or "censorship," or even hung. The reality is that "PC" is just another aspect of freedom of speech. It's just people expressing their opinion about someone else's opinions or actions. But if it doesn't go your way, I guess that's just not fair.

Sorry, I guess I should have said "hanged". Guess the grammar nazis needed something to do.

Back
Top Bottom