• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are now bombing in Syria.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
We are now blasting ISIS in Syria. I am watching it on the TV right now. It think it is about time. I am a known liberal and was against invading Iraq in the first place because Saddam had the place under control but we did and ISIS was the result so lets get them. What say you?

"I'm normally anti-war, but because it's a Democratic president declaring war...I'm all for it."

We are now blasting ISIS in Syria. I am watching it on the TV right now. It think it is about time. I am a known liberal and was against invading Iraq in the first place because Saddam had the place under control but we did and ISIS was the result so lets get them. What say you?

Why aren't the anti-war folks screaming their heads off for Obama's arrest for violating the Constitution?

We should not bomb Syria without coordinating it with their lawful government.

Why aren't the anti-war folks screaming their heads off for Obama's arrest for violating the Constitution?

Because invading another country's sovereign territory is only bad when it's a Republican doing it?

We should not bomb Syria without coordinating it with their lawful government.
Not many folks think Syria has a lawful government.
and where is big bad Putin to save his boy ASSad?

Assad's people indirectly contacted us first--we informed them of the strikes--they're not complaining .

Why aren't the Constitution-loving Republicans also screaming their heads off for Obama's arrest?
Why isn't the Congress in DC doing its job and showing the troops a little respect.
Pretty piss-poor example of the Congress to be on vacation while our soldiers are in harms way don't you think ?

Not many folks think Syria has a lawful government.
and where is big bad Putin to save his boy ASSad?

Assad's people indirectly contacted us first--we informed them of the strikes--they're not complaining .

Popular opinion is irrelevant.

They explicitly said we needed to coordinate with them.

Just FYI, Iraq was still "under control" until a liberal president "cut and run." The hypocrisy of the left is always entertaining.

Popular opinion is irrelevant.
Except when popular opinion works for the GOP onj something it is against.

They explicitly said we needed to coordinate with them.
In public--you are aware they talk in private right?
This is the No Drama Obama Doctrine.
He isn't stupid enough to say "bring it on" .

Except when popular opinion works for the GOP onj something it is against.

In public--you are aware they talk in private right?
This is the No Drama Obama Doctrine.
He isn't stupid enough to say "bring it on" .

No.

Are you privy to their private communications?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1063790658 said:
Just FYI, Iraq was still "under control" until a liberal president "cut and run."
Using Bush's SOFA and refusing to put our troops under Sharia law.
How many more times are you going to trot out this lame bogus BS?

How many more soldiers would be dead and maimed after five more years of war, especially a dangerous guerilla war?

The hypocrisy of the left is always entertaining.

Hypocricy charges are merely a hack attack.
Righties like you seem to forget how this all began, with the two chickenhawks Cheney and Bush .

No--I prefer Preesident Obama tell me what's happening AFTER he bombs the **** out of this scum
Just as I prefer that he continues to not tell any of the 435 clowns what he's doing--therefore, no leaks so far since August 8th .

No.

Are you privy to their private communications?

Why aren't the Constitution-loving Republicans also screaming their heads off for Obama's arrest?
Why isn't the Congress in DC doing its job and showing the troops a little respect.
Pretty piss-poor example of the Congress to be on vacation while our soldiers are in harms way don't you think ?

It's as I thought. The Libbos didn't oppose the war, they used the deaths a thousands of American troops to beat up Bush.

I think your opinion is based on ignorance.

Obviously "your" opinion was fed to you. How's that kool-aid taste?

No--I prefer Preesident Obama tell me what's happening AFTER he bombs the **** out of this scum
Just as I prefer that he continues to not tell any of the 435 clowns what he's doing--therefore, no leaks so far since August 8th .

Well then I'll base my opinion on the information available to me.

Where are those House committees on these thousands of troops that you say Libbos used to beat up Bush?
Or are you only concerned with four Americans dead due to decreased funding by the House ?
It's as I thought. The Libbos didn't oppose the war, they used the deaths a thousands of American troops to beat up Bush.

It's as I thought. The Libbos didn't oppose the war,
they used the deaths a thousands of American troops to beat up Bush.

Who sent those troops to their death in a country that was no threat to the USA?

Fill us in

...and why is Congress off on a vacation, ignoring the issue? They should be in Washington, in debate and ready to vote, on the record, up or down. The problem, however, is their is no leadership Congress, nor courage. That void in leadership has to be filled somehow.

Frankly, this thing is a mess. We need Congress to step up....

...and why is Congress off on a vacation, ignoring the issue? They should be in Washington, in debate and ready to vote, on the record, up or down. The problem, however, is their is no leadership Congress, nor courage. That void in leadership has to be filled somehow.

Frankly, this thing is a mess. We need Congress to step up....

Pass that buck, eh? It's NEVER Obama's fault.

Back
Top Bottom