• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Looks like Andrew Cuomo is working on a felony conviction. I wonder how long before the US attorney working this case get fired by Holder.

The gloves have come off in New York, where Andrew Cuomo’s easy cruise to re-election as governor of New York has hit a major detour. Last week, the New York Times exposed Cuomo’s attempts to interfere with an anti-corruption commission he had established in August 2013, and then abruptly shut down in March. US Attorney Preet Bharara had cooperated with the Moreland Commission rather than press new investigations out of his own office, but got suspicious about Cuomo’s actions and took over the panel’s files. This led to the discovery that Cuomo’s office had demanded the retraction of subpoenas and the end to probes of people in Cuomo’s administration.

After the NYT exposé, several figures in Cuomo’s circle have publicly come out to criticize the Bharara probe, and yesterday the US Attorney’s office issued its response — a warning that Cuomo and his aides had better refrain from tampering with witnesses and obstruction of justice.

US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know « Hot Air

Re: US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you kn

Looks like Andrew Cuomo is working on a felony conviction. I wonder how long before the US attorney working this case get fired by Holder.

Since he probably wants to run fot statewide office in the future as a democrat, I doubt he will do anything to Cuomo before the election.

Re: US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you kn

Since he probably wants to run fot statewide office in the future as a democrat, I doubt he will do anything to Cuomo before the election.

Cuomo's been so corrupt for so long.

He's in large part responsible for bankrupting the GSEs.

If every Democrat were to stand trial for their lawlessness, most of Congress would be wearing Orange jump suites by now.

Back
Top Bottom