• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriff’s Office: Shooter dead at Troutdale school

No real details yet, just a lot of parents hearing from their kids that there was a shooting. The only actual info so far from them is that the shooting happened in the locker room and that a teacher was stretchered out. Btw, screw you KOIN! Damn video ads running full volume and with no mute or controls exposed. Heck have to goto three links to read a text article that didn't have the same sort of playback.

Sounds like it was a one on one event from what detail we have so far.

KOIN wasn't the best, just happened to be the first link.

The office has been buzzing and it is amazing how much wrong information can come out so quickly. The important thing is that the scene has been secured.

No real details yet, just a lot of parents hearing from their kids that there was a shooting. The only actual info so far from them is that the shooting happened in the locker room and that a teacher was stretchered out. Btw, screw you KOIN! Damn video ads running full volume and with no mute or controls exposed. Heck have to goto three links to read a text article that didn't have the same sort of playback.

Sounds like it was a one on one event from what detail we have so far.

KOIN wasn't the best, just happened to be the first link.

The office has been buzzing and it is amazing how much wrong information can come out so quickly. The important thing is that the scene has been secured.

Yeah, I think it's going to end up being one student with a thing for one teacher and decided to end him at the end of the school year. One on one.

Let's hope. One of my friends works Reynolds High as a member of the Troutdale PD. I was glad to hear he is okay, then felt bad for him because the rest of his day is going to suck.

Yeah, I think it's going to end up being one student with a thing for one teacher and decided to end him at the end of the school year. One on one.

I feel the same way, this shooting stuff is getting out of control.

Yeh is this normal for the US but it's just a case that the media are over reporting it or are the amount of shooting sprees increasing?

Yeh is this normal for the US but it's just a case that the media are over reporting it or are the amount of shooting sprees increasing?

It's the seventy-fourth school shooting since all those kiddies died at Sandy Hook.

Students get stabbed in school too, it's just not as visible in the national media.

What in the world is the purpose of that comment?

Higgins asked if the perception of increasing violence was a true increase or an increase in media coverage. I was simply giving him information that stabbings happen too, but aren't as widely reported. Media are jumpy right now regarding shootings.

It makes me wonder if all violent crime during school hours is increasing or if it is just guns or if it is just the perception. I'm not entirely comfortable with the amount of publicity given to school shootings. The names of these people should be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Last edited:
It's time for the media to get a conscience and stop glamorizing this activity to all the nut-cases.

Poor students, especially Seniors, it's not how I would want to remember graduation.

It has been happening for a long time as the history shows: List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there have been an awful lot in the last few years.

The number of school shootings sky rocketed after Sandy Hook. Before then they averaged about 5 or 6 school shootings a year. This year alone has seen about 40 incidents so far and the year is only half over.

List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High School seems to be causing PTSD for some teens every bit as much as a combat zone. The sooner we understand the mental causes of such violence the sooner we might find a solution.

I don't get it - how can there be so many shootings in gun-free zones?

The number of school shootings sky rocketed after Sandy Hook. Before then they averaged about 5 or 6 school shootings a year. This year alone has seen about 40 incidents so far and the year is only half over.

List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High School seems to be causing PTSD for some teens every bit as much as a combat zone. The sooner we understand the mental causes of such violence the sooner we might find a solution.

Absent Parent(s) and/or parents who should not have kids and Media without a conscience.

I don't get it - how can there be so many shootings in gun-free zones?

Because Gun Free zones are placed to discourage children from bringing guns to school for stupid stuff like showing off or bragging to their friends. No on really expects them to deter intentional school shootings.

Because Gun Free zones are placed to discourage children from bringing guns to school for stupid stuff like showing off or bragging to their friends. No on really expects them to deter intentional school shootings.

Ah. It's a good thing. I'd hate to see dozens of kids bringing guns to school everyday. After all, outside of school, it's legal for minors to possess firearms.

Back
Top Bottom