• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Bring Back Our Girls" Protests Banned in Nigeria

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Read below how the Nigerian government said "who cares" about the girls. Some things just never change.

Nigerian police ban protests about kidnapped girls

From Associated Press
June 02, 2014 1:05 PM EST

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian police say they have banned protests in the capital demanding that the government rescues the more than 200 girls still held captive by Boko Haram militants.
Altine Daniel, a spokeswoman for Abuja police confirmed the ban in a text message, saying it was "because of security reasons."
A core group that is part of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign has accused the government of sponsoring a new group, known as Release Our Girls. The new group shifts the responsibility of the kidnapping from the government to Boko Haram, the militant group which has killed thousands in its campaign to establish an Islamic state in Nigeria.

Boko Haram should be killed on sight then.

I told you a month ago when there were threads about this in the african subforum that you're being foolish, all of you, who keep saying that the USA should do something.

The nigerian govt won't do anything in regards to this. they don't give a damn. Unless the USA supplants Nigeria as the defender of the citizens of Nigeria then better just look at the story and sigh.

I told you a month ago when there were threads about this in the african subforum that you're being foolish, all of you, who keep saying that the USA should do something.

The nigerian govt won't do anything in regards to this. they don't give a damn. Unless the USA supplants Nigeria as the defender of the citizens of Nigeria then better just look at the story and sigh.

I agree...especially not because of something the POTUS, FLOTUS or millions of hash tagged tweets say.

Read below how the Nigerian government said "who cares" about the girls. Some things just never change.

From Associated Press

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian police say they have banned protests in the capital demanding that the government rescues the more than 200 girls still held captive by Boko Haram militants.
Altine Daniel, a spokeswoman for Abuja police confirmed the ban in a text message, saying it was "because of security reasons."
A core group that is part of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign has accused the government of sponsoring a new group, known as Release Our Girls. The new group shifts the responsibility of the kidnapping from the government to Boko Haram, the militant group which has killed thousands in its campaign to establish an Islamic state in Nigeria.

I can't say I blame the Nigerian government here.

It is likely the terrorists with retaliate against protests like these and more people will be hurt or worse.

I can't say I blame the Nigerian government here.

It is likely the terrorists with retaliate against protests like these and more people will be hurt or worse.
Nigeria is giving in to terrorists. It's becoming a more conservative country.

From Associated Press

:lol:

But, but, but, the international community all hastagged together! We "put pressure" on them via the power of costless signaling!

Back
Top Bottom