• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China aims to boost military relations with Iran

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/china-aims-boost-military-relations-iran-091818222.html
BEIJING (Reuters) - China wants deeper defence ties with Iran, Chinese Defence Minister Chang Wanquan told his Iranian counterpart on Monday, according to Chinese state media, as Beijing moves to cement already close ties with a major oil supplier.
Chang told Iranian Defence Minister Hossein Dehqan the development of bilateral relations has "remained positive and steady, featuring frequent high-level exchanges and deepened political mutual trust", the official Xinhua news agency said.
Chang is "confident that the friendly relations between the two countries as well as the armed forces will be reinforced" due to "increased mutual visits and personnel training cooperation between the armed forces", Xinhua added.

Will sanctions affect this relationship?

If I'm not mistaken, I thought China had a waiver (India too) to buy Iranian oil.

China couldn't give a flying flip about human rights.

'Chang', yeah, haha, we get it.

China couldn't give a flying flip about human rights.
I don't know what that has to do with topic of this thread?

This is another one of those instances where there is a lot of fear-mongering. China actually has close military ties all over the region, including selling ballistic missiles to Saudi Arabia, China's biggest oil supplier. Egypt is China's biggest customer in the region when it comes to the arms market. Beijing actually has closer military ties with Israel than with Iran, despite America's repeated efforts to impede them. India's ties with Iran are closer than China's ties with the country. Of course, in the military field neither of them are remotely as close to Iran as Russia.

If I'm not mistaken, I thought China had a waiver (India too) to buy Iranian oil.
I guess when you are big and powerful, exceptions are easy to come by.

That should please the Neocons...give them more 'ammo' to convince the paranoid types to increase national defense.

Back
Top Bottom