• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

I've read that the Yellow Stone Caldera is overdue for one hell of a eruption.

But something tells me if the quake was a real indicator of something Big we would've heard something by now.

I think it's funny that they're using the highway, moving single-file on the right side. :lol:

At the Christmas tsunami a few years back, the elephants all went to high ground before the humans knew what was happening.

At the Christmas tsunami a few years back, the elephants all went to high ground before the humans knew what was happening.

It is proven that animals can sense the change in magnetic forces and gravitational forces better than humans. when you start seeing swarms of animals trying to flee an area something bad is going to happen.

i have heard the same reports that yellowstone is due or a catastrophic explosion. whether it happens or not is a different story, but from what i understand if and when it blows it will make mount St. Helen look like a firecracker.

it would be a Vesuvius type of explosion or worse.

It is proven that animals can sense the change in magnetic forces and gravitational forces better than humans. when you start seeing swarms of animals trying to flee an area something bad is going to happen.

i have heard the same reports that yellowstone is due or a catastrophic explosion. whether it happens or not is a different story, but from what i understand if and when it blows it will make mount St. Helen look like a firecracker.

If the Yellowstone Supervolcano erupts...those bison would need to run to at least California if they wanted to live.

Here in Texas, that would mean it's dinner time.

The YS system is long overdue for a major event.

Earlier event ash fall map.
yellowstone-caldera-ashfall.jpg

Last edited:
If the Yellowstone Supervolcano erupts...those bison would need to run to at least California if they wanted to live.

probably where they were headed or they were headed as far a they could get away from the disturbance. not saying that they would make it but they would very much run away.

I've read that the Yellow Stone Caldera is overdue for one hell of a eruption.

But something tells me if the quake was a real indicator of something Big we would've heard something by now.

Yea, the G knows. And they aint gonna tell us a damn thing. Why? Nothing you can do about it anyway.

from a few years ago

Recent Earthquakes for Yellowstone

Yellowstone earthquake map.
For the last 3-4 weeks most of the earth quakes are happening where the latest 'big one' happened.

On a geological time scale it is due. It is actually something like 50 000 years overdue which is not the same to say an eruption is imminent.

Last edited:
this guy seems to have a different theory a bit flowery at the end but running deeper into the park doesn't seem like a desperate escape attempt from the area

March 14, 2014 -- This herd of Yellowstone National Park Bison dashes from Mammoth Hot Springs eastward along the roadway and deeper into the park. If the herd matriarch gets the urge to run, she will ... and the entire herd will run to keep up

Yellowstone Bison ... On the Run! - YouTube

I wouldn't go placing much stock in a bison's ability to predict major geological events.

Cool video, but the thread title does seem a bit presumptuous.

Volcano Questions & Answers

Q: How imminent is an eruption of the Yellowstone Volcano?

A: There is no evidence that a catastrophic eruption at Yellowstone National Park (YNP) is imminent. Current geologic activity at Yellowstone has remained relatively constant since earth scientists first started monitoring some 30 years ago. Though another caldera-forming eruption is theoretically possible, it is very unlikely to occur in the next thousand or even 10,000 years.

The most likely activity would be lava flows such as those that occurred after the last major eruption. Such a lava flow would ooze slowly over months and years, allowing plenty of time for park managers to evaluate the situation and protect people. No scientific evidence indicates such a lava flow will occur soon.

Volcano Questions & Answers - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Everyone should file their taxes this year as usual.

Vesuvius was not a big eruption. Only reason it is famous is because Romans built 2 towns too close to the mountain. Mount St. Helen was massively bigger than Vesuvius. The one you want to seriously worry about comparison wise is Krakatoa or Santorin type of eruption.. and in Yellowstone that is a possible planet killer type of event.

Back
Top Bottom