• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O.J. Simpson Brain Cancer

If he actually has cancer should he be allowed to die at home?

• Yes

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
O.J. Simpson currently is overweight, severe diabetic and claims he has brain cancer. He's petitioning President Obama for a pardon to die in peace at home.

He looks pretty awful, and it's hard to forget his former NFL career and contribution.

O.J. Simpson 'is undergoing tests for BRAIN CANCER

Oh no he cannot die! He still has to find Nicole's killers!1!!!!11!

O.J. Simpson currently is overweight, severe diabetic and claims he has brain cancer. He's petitioning President Obama for a pardon to die in peace at home.

He looks pretty awful, and it's hard to forget his former NFL career and contribution.

Back in the day, I actually had a signed 8 1/2 X 11-inch glossy photo. I threw it away.

I wouldn't wish ill health on anybody, but he certainly has lived a longer and healthier life than his victims...and is where he is today because of his own choices. I wonder how much he'll improve his golf game in the next phase of his eternal adventure.

If he actually IS going to die, I would say that's fine. But if he's just undergoing treatment, or whatnot...until he's certain to die he should be where he is.

If he actually IS going to die, I would say that's fine. But if he's just undergoing treatment, or whatnot...until he's certain to die he should be where he is.

That's a pretty fair call. He's proven to be a cagey and manipulative character. I don't necessarily hold that against him just makes me weary of his antics.

He could volunteer to go to Ohio to try out their new drug mixture so that people who are worried can see that they will indeed kill humanely.

I wouldnt let him out. People get deathly ill in prison and 99.999999% of them dont get released. OJ had everything to lose and murdered people. He had got lucky and beat that and then went and robbed someone at gunpoint. Letting him out, even while close to death, and he has nothing to lose would be nothing but disasterous.

O.J. Simpson currently is overweight, severe diabetic and claims he has brain cancer.
He's probably eating a government recommended diet.

Back in the day, I actually had a signed 8 1/2 X 11-inch glossy photo. I threw it away.

I wouldn't wish ill health on anybody, but he certainly has lived a longer and healthier life than his victims...and is where he is today because of his own choices. I wonder how much he'll improve his golf game in the next phase of his eternal adventure.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a much hotter course than the one at Augusta.

He's probably eating a government recommended diet.

The article says he's laying around all day, only getting up to eat sugary snacks. Must have a lot of commissary funds.

The article says he's laying around all day, only getting up to eat sugary snacks. Must have a lot of commissary funds.
Typically, there is no healthy food available from a prison commissary.

Of course he's getting fat.

It's called malnutrition.

Typically, there is no healthy food available from a prison commissary.

Of course he's getting fat.

It's called malnutrition.

He's probably got mental problems/depression that causes some of the over eating. The whole trial debacle and his behavior afterwards showed me had some kind of chemical imbalance.

I saw that on the front cover of a tabloid at a store yesterday and my first reaction was "I want him to die in horrible agony in prison." He deserves no mercy. Let him die in the place he's earned for himself.

He's probably got mental problems/depression that causes some of the over eating. The whole trial debacle and his behavior afterwards showed me had some kind of chemical imbalance.

Killing a coupla people will do that to someone, I've little doubt.

Quote from the article:

The jailed former football legend is undergoing secret medical exams for a cancerous tumor in his brain and is convinced he hasn't got long to live, The National Enquirer reports

Let him rot where he is. He'd die alone in solitary confinement covered in his own excrement, were it my call.

Oh no he cannot die! He still has to find Nicole's killers!1!!!!11!

OJ was smart to find a way to get into the prison system to continue his search. I'm fairly certain the murderer is in prison. ;)

No sympathy for him, but I have always wished OJ would go out like this:

Killing a coupla people will do that to someone, I've little doubt.

Some might also say that a Karmic debt is being paid. He had it all, and look at him now. Sad...

Greetings, Shart attack. :2wave:

The past is the past. He is currently a convicted criminal.
I do believe if terminal, he should be allowed to die peacefully around family under house arrest. I would feel this way about any terminally ill prisoner who is near death.

Some might also say that a Karmic debt is being paid. He had it all, and look at him now. Sad...

Greetings, Shart attack. :2wave:

Don't wanna make this into a theology thread, but you know, sis, the guy's got a lot more debt to pay once he crosses over, unless he confesses to the sin(s) we all know he's committed.

I wouldn't want to be O.J. on Judgment Day.

Greetings to you, too.

In so far as his being allowed to die at home...I don't care if he has cancer, AIDS and ALS...he stays in jail until he has paid his debt to society or dies in the process.

Amazing football player...useless human being, IMO.

Yes, if he truly has brain cancer and is in the final stages of dying, he should be allowed to die in a special hospice/at home but only if he can provide for his own medical staff (out of his own pocket) for his terminal care.

People who are dying of cancer should be in a place where their loved ones can come and go without any issue, even murderers should be allowed do die in such manner.

The past is the past. He is currently a convicted criminal.
I do believe if terminal, he should be allowed to die peacefully around family under house arrest. I would feel this way about any terminally ill prisoner who is near death.

Would that also hold true for someone who brutally murdered your wife and children?

Would that also hold true for someone who brutally murdered your wife and children?
Can't set a standard and then make an exception, so yes it would. Terminally ill, posing no threat to society, and really still is not free, as he is still under house arrest. Plus I'd propose him and any other convicted of capital crimes to get the death penalty

Back
Top Bottom