• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Memo raises security concerns about government health website

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The document, obtained by The Associated Press, shows that administration officials at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services were concerned that a lack of testing posed a potentially “high” security risk for the HealthCare.gov website serving 36 states. It was granted a temporary security certificate so it could operate.
Security issues are a new concern for the troubled HealthCare.gov website. If they cannot be resolved, they could prove to be more serious than the long list of technical problems the administration is trying to address.

Memo raises security concerns about government health website | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

This is actually the more serious problem coming to light with O-care. I tell ya people, I wouldn't give one iota of my personal info to these people.

Justin Hadley logged on to HealthCare.gov to evaluate his insurance options after his health plan was canceled. What he discovered was an apparent security flaw that disclosed eligibility letters addressed to individuals from another state.“I was in complete shock,” said Hadley, who contacted Heritage after becoming alarmed at the breach of privacy.
Hadley, a North Carolina father, buys his insurance on the individual market. His insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, directed him to HealthCare.gov in a cancellation letter he received in September.
After multiple attempts to access the problem-plagued website, Hadley finally made it past the registration page Thursday. That’s when he was greeted with downloadable letters about eligibility — for two people in South Carolina.

HealthCare.gov Users Warn of Security Risk, Breach of Privacy

Be prepared to be the victim of identity theft should you be so trusting to just blindly go on HC.gov.

There should have been ONLY a public option in the ACA, but the conservatives, including conservative democrats in the Senate, were not keen on the public option idea to begin with.

There should have been ONLY a public option in the ACA, but the conservatives, including conservative democrats in the Senate, were not keen on the public option idea to begin with.

The American people DON'T want single payer. So, the progressive plan is to punish those people by destroying them and the system. Real ethical don't you think?

The American people DON'T want single payer. So, the progressive plan is to punish those people by destroying them and the system. Real ethical don't you think?

I don't think the American people would have been that upset if people with pre-existing conditions and the like were allowed to buy into medicaid or medicare. Regardless, I suspect you will get your wish. While I wish this were heading toward a single payer system (which would make more sense in an increasingly mobile society), it probably is the first step in privatizing all federal insurance--medicare, medicaid, VA, CHIP

I don't think the American people would have been that upset if people with pre-existing conditions and the like were allowed to buy into medicaid or medicare. Regardless, I suspect you will get your wish. While I wish this were heading toward a single payer system (which would make more sense in an increasingly mobile society), it probably is the first step in privatizing all federal insurance--medicare, medicaid, VA, CHIP

Either way, this group of progressives is doing a hell of a lot of damage to our country right now.

Whatever happened to 'choice' ? Oh wait... choice is premitted only if you choose the liberal's choice. Silly of me.

Whatever happened to 'choice' ? Oh wait... choice is premitted only if you choose the liberal's choice. Silly of me.

I am choosing to keep my unsubsidized, non-exchange policy. The rest isn't my problem at the moment. A more compact targeted plan would have been better, but that boat has sailed.

You are right, it never would have passed. Just look at all the arm twisting, threats and some bribes just to get the ACA through that Democratic leaders did to members of their own party. It was probably too much too fast and perhaps an incremental approach would have worked better. A little at a time. But there was a rush, Teddy Kennedy was dying or died and Scott Brown was elected was elected to replace him and thus a 60 vote filibuster proof majority was down to 59.

I still think if the goal was to get those insurance that didn't have it or to take care of the poor, a VA style system for them would have been the best. Then you didn't have to mess with the 80% who were satisfied with their insurance and medical care. But according to the AMA as reported on CNN, come 2014/15 there is anticipated to be a 150,000 doctor shortage nationwide. I wonder how placing an additional 10-20 million people into that pool will work and if that doctor shortage number may double because of all the additional patients. Just wondering.

Either way, this group of progressives is doing a hell of a lot of damage to our country right now.

Sure they are. Just hope that poor people figure out that this is really a middle-class jobs bill/stimulus package in effect and kicks them out of the Senate (but they won't).

This is actually the more serious problem coming to light with O-care. I tell ya people, I wouldn't give one iota of my personal info to these people.

Be prepared to be the victim of identity theft should you be so trusting to just blindly go on HC.gov.

After all the cancellations and sticker shocks (that should go through the beginning of next year), this will become the next Big Scandal. We'll start seeing incidents of the site getting hacked, ID theft, fraud, etc, and those will create a rolling series of news cycles.

I wonder if it will be the 2014, or 2016 elections that Democrats will begin running against Obamacare, as is?

After all the cancellations and sticker shocks (that should go through the beginning of next year), this will become the next Big Scandal. We'll start seeing incidents of the site getting hacked, ID theft, fraud, etc, and those will create a rolling series of news cycles.

I wonder if it will be the 2014, or 2016 elections that Democrats will begin running against Obamacare, as is?

You mean that they were for it before they were against it?

You mean that they were for it before they were against it?

They'll try to blame the problems on Republicans, and then try to pivot to attacking people's motives for opposing it.

They'll try to blame the problems on Republicans, and then try to pivot to attacking people's motives for opposing it.

It will all come down to the main stream news media. If they buy into it, then the democrats will get away with it. Let's hope they still have some integrity left and report the truth.

It will all come down to the main stream news media. If they buy into it, then the democrats will get away with it. Let's hope they still have some integrity left and report the truth.

Oh I think they will report the anecdotal stories of the obligatory cancer survivor that looses his coverage like in today's WaPo.

But I don't think they will go as far as to intentionally go against the administration. So they will report the human interest stories, but at the same time try to cover for Obama.

An optimist!!! LOL As the presidential election approaches, they'll fall in line. They did during the last one.

Back
Top Bottom