• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Spied On G20 Leaders With USB Sticks

MarineTpartier

Haters gon' hate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia has disputed this (no...really?). I think it's hilarious. I would love to hear anyone in our government try to criticize Putin for this lol. All Putin has to say is (imagine it in a Russian accent) "What? Its just a little thumbdrive! Nothing like what you Americans have done." This is a classic, 80's KGB style move right here.

Russia 'spied on G20 leaders with USB sticks' - Telegraph

Russia has disputed this (no...really?). I think it's hilarious. I would love to hear anyone in our government try to criticize Putin for this lol. All Putin has to say is (imagine it in a Russian accent) "What? Its just a little thumbdrive! Nothing like what you Americans have done." This is a classic, 80's KGB style move right here.

Well, the bloody Russians had never pretended to be the bestest friends of the very people they spy upon.

I think it's funny to how some people think countries haven't been spying on each other since the beginning of organized governments.

I think it's funny to how some people think countries haven't been spying on each other since the beginning of organized governments.
I know. It's just standard that it occurs. I'm a big fan of the numerous books that have come out about KGB operatives, etc. Interesting stuff.

Didn't take long for the Russian to answer either.

"This is undoubtedly nothing but an attempt to shift the focus from issues that truly exist in relations between European capitals and Washington to unsubstantiated, non-existent issues," he was quoted as saying by RIA news agency.

Tension between the United States and its allies has grown over reports that European leaders including German Chancellor Angela Merkel had been spied on by U.S. intelligence services.

The Guardian newspaper reported in July that British intelligence services had spied on G20 delegates at a summit in 2009, tricking some delegates into using free internet cafes apparently set up for their benefit.....snip~

Russia denies Italian reports it spied on G20 leaders | Reuters

Although, the EU Commission says they haven't found anything of significance. Do you think the Italians and their Allegations were a bit over the top?

European Commission spokesman Frederic Vincent said Wednesday that experts were looking into the handouts, which included USB sticks and were given out at the Group of 20 summit, but said "analysis of hardware and software have not amounted to any serious security concerns." He added the investigation had not yet been fully completed.

Italian newspapers reported early this week allegations that Russia tried to spy on participants of the G-20 summit by giving officials free equipment like USB sticks or mobile phone chargers which, once plugged in, would infect computers with spying software.....snip~

EU looking into Russia G20 spying report

Back
Top Bottom