• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: 2nd most powerful person in the world.

Putin?

You're kidding me, right?

Pretty lame. But I hope Russia stabilizes and become a force for order in the world as it did in the Syrian WMD crisis. Putin did well in that pending disaster.

I think I would have picked Miley Cyrus.

Was Harry Reid disqualified for some reason? Obama clearly takes orders from Harry and not the other way around.

I have no idea why people are so fixated on this "Russia now controls the world because of this Syria incident" thing. Until international currency isn't counted in dollars anymore, there's no major shift in the international balance of power.

I'm not on the list and I'm the one who created you.

So much for Forbes.

Dont get why people are surprised by this. Putin doesn't have opposition or a real legislature. All the "opposition" parties are Kremlin front groups. He has firm control of the media and government owned industries. He appoints the governor of every state. He and his party have mass (65%+) public support

I have no idea why people are so fixated on this "Russia now controls the world because of this Syria incident" thing. Until international currency isn't counted in dollars anymore, there's no major shift in the international balance of power.

It's not that Russia is more powerful than the United States. The point of the article is that Putin wields greater ability as an individual to steer Russia's power than Obama does to steer America's power. Checks and balances and all that.

It's not clear why Barrack Obama is even in the Number 2 spot. Perhaps there are just not that many leaders right now who dominate international affairs and Obama was chosen because he is leader of a (former) Superpower. Otherwise he is largely irrelevant.

It is because not even Forbes know who the puppet masters are.

Dont get why people are surprised by this. Putin doesn't have opposition or a real legislature. All the "opposition" parties are Kremlin front groups. He has firm control of the media and government owned industries. He appoints the governor of every state. He and his party have mass (65%+) public support

He is nothing but a dictator and yes that means he is powerful. Brutal and self-centered but powerful.

Bill Gates just at #6? Travesty! I demand that he be #1.
Also, Sergey Brin and Larry Page just as #17/#18? The guy owns google.

What will be do without gmail and colored conversation labels? And google. All the worlds' intelligence is in google! Without it, you couldn't find anything on the internet! Unless you're a microsoft fanboy and use bing! :D

Back
Top Bottom