• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should states take over fed land

Should states take over fed lands

• Total voters

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
In the PNW feds decimated timber towns with their anti logging rules crafted by San Francisco liberals and now they have shut down national parks and thrown thousands out of work with their political games. Without placing blame on either party I think it's time states took over fed lands and threw the Keystone Cops out of town. These Bozo's in DC are destroying state economies with their political standoffs and using us as pawns in their quest for power so IMO it is time for states to rise up in mass rebellion and take over fed lands.

In the PNW feds decimated timber towns with their anti logging rules crafted by San Francisco liberals and now they have shut down national parks and thrown thousands out of work with their political games. Without placing blame on either party I think it's time states took over fed lands and threw the Keystone Cops out of town. These Bozo's in DC are destroying state economies with their political standoffs and using us as pawns in their quest for power so IMO it is time for states to rise up in mass rebellion and take over fed lands.

Who do you mean by 'states'? Are YOU going to risk life and limb in this or just sit back and demand 'others' do for you?

I realize paying taxes is a sensitive subject for you but some of us who report all our income pay a lot in taxes that maintain those forests you want to cut without the current regulations and prohibitions on think ALL of us own those forests, not just the locals.

Now according to the Washington Contract Loggers Assoc. 1.5% of all Washington State jobs are logging related. Also according to these folks the State has done as much as the Feds in 'decimated timber towns' with rules and regulations. Seems protecting the salmon industry's spawning grounds has put a lot of restrictions on logging.

Maybe instead of trying to incite rebellion the states can buy the lands MY TAXES pay to maintain. :peace

Back
Top Bottom