• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unarmed victim

Or aren't trained in evasive driving techniques. . . and so on. There's a lot of 'when people aren't ___' here.

But - he did run one of them over, possibly paralyzed him. Vehicles = deadly weapons.
How else are you going to evade a group of wannabe bikers that are surrounding your car?
For the record I would ran them over, put it in reverse and backed over a few more to protect my family.

How else are you going to evade a group of wannabe bikers that are surrounding your car?
For the record I would ran them over, put it in reverse and backed over a few more to protect my family.

He could have taken out several more during the chase just by changing lanes a few times.

I have no problem with that, but if you feel bad the biker has a Facebook donations page set up for him.

Why'd you jump to this conclusion?
I don't feel bad for him (the biker). :shrug:

Sounds like you think he deserved it by that statement. Did I take it the wrong way?

What the **** is your problem? You do this a lot, do you realize that? You make a statement - someone makes another statement - and then you're immediately on the defensive. I usually just ignore it, but today I'm just not in the mood.

You said "This is what happens when people are not allowed to fight back." and I pointed out that he used his vehicle to help protect himself. HE DID FIGHT BACK. There wasn't someone telling him, "no, you cannot defend yourself, you are not allowed"

What the ****, man. Jesus.

What - you think a pistol in his pocket would have trumped how he USED his car? What - you wanted his car to have a machine gun mounted on top?

I fail to see how a GUN on his person would have prevented him from being surrounded and/or attacked by a gang of THUGS with MOTORCYCLES.

Serious - what in the ****ing hell?

This is what happens when people are not allowed to fight back.
It could be seen as an example of what happens when people do "fight back". My impression is that the bikers felt the driver was the aggressor and they were fighting back. Whether their opinion was valid or not (and I honestly don't know) is beside the point.

I'm not convinced the situation would have been any better if they'd all been legally carrying firearms.

What the **** is your problem? You do this a lot, do you realize that? You make a statement - someone makes another statement - and then you're immediately on the defensive. I usually just ignore it, but today I'm just not in the mood.

You said "This is what happens when people are not allowed to fight back." and I pointed out that he used his vehicle to help protect himself. HE DID FIGHT BACK. There wasn't someone telling him, "no, you cannot defend yourself, you are not allowed"

What the ****, man. Jesus.

What - you think a pistol in his pocket would have trumped how he USED his car? What - you wanted his car to have a machine gun mounted on top?

I fail to see how a GUN on his person would have prevented him from being surrounded and/or attacked by a gang of THUGS with MOTORCYCLES.

Serious - what in the ****ing hell?
I asked if I was wrong, how the hell is that taking a defensive? But please, dont clarify just get on your high horse and go into attack mode.
Oh, and if you are not in the mood? Turn off your computer.
How would a pistol his pocket made a difference? Well he was boxed in at the end and was left defenseless. Once they started smashing is windows, he had the right to fire. Well in normal America anyway. NYC probably not.

It could be seen as an example of what happens when people do "fight back". My impression is that the bikers felt the driver was the aggressor and they were fighting back. Whether their opinion was valid or not (and I honestly don't know) is beside the point.

I'm not convinced the situation would have been any better if they'd all been legally carrying firearms.
I rode for years, and never chased a car with a 800 lb bike vs a 4000lb car. You see how the car wins every time.
Cut off? Yes. Hit from the rear? Yes? Lane encroached? Yes, had it all happen to me. Take my helmet off and smash a window out?
Nope.

I wasn't defending their violent response even if they had been wronged. The point is that lots of people will react like that in such a situation thinking, though the red mist at least, that their actions are perfectly justified.

Mr motorcyclist should have not messed with a man and his family. Period

Mr. Motorcyclist was simply in front of the car before the SUV ran him down. Mr. Family Man shouldn't have messed with the motorcyclist and HIS family.

Just remember, as I've seen personally...the one with the most lug nuts wins.

Mr. Motorcyclist was simply in front of the car before the SUV ran him down. Mr. Family Man shouldn't have messed with the motorcyclist and HIS family.

Yea, obviously. Oh wait, its the bikers that were arrested. Hmmmmm, kind of blows your theory.
You ride?

Yea, obviously. Oh wait, its the bikers that were arrested. Hmmmmm, kind of blows your theory.
You ride?

I've ridden for quite some time.

Also, this issue is still under investigation and cops are notoriously unsupportive of motorcycle gangs, so no charges against the man and charges against the bikers would be about standard regardless of guilt/innocence.

Clearly the motorcyclists that assaulted the dude should be arrested cause that's not a reasonable response. But neither is rear ending a motorcyclist then running over more motorcyclists to flee the scene.

I've ridden for quite some time.

Also, this issue is still under investigation and cops are notoriously unsupportive of motorcycle gangs, so no charges against the man and charges against the bikers would be about standard regardless of guilt/innocence.

Clearly the motorcyclists that assaulted the dude should be arrested cause that's not a reasonable response. But neither is rear ending a motorcyclist then running over more motorcyclists to flee the scene.
First, they are not a "gang". Just a bunch of ass hats that think they own the road on their crotch rockets.
He rear ended a bike that brake checked him. You do that on your bike?
As far as charges, I really dont see from the evidence what you can charge the driver of the car with. He seems to be acting in self defense.
What would you do? Get out and face down 10 or more pissed off hot heads and leave your wife and child in the car?

No, that's what happens when you run over a motorcyclist.

No the motorcycles surrounded the SUV and started blocking him in. Now we don't know how it started because something obviously happened before hand.

After the initial accident however the bikers where in the wrong period. Good thing it was not me, I would have shot at them until they decided to stop.

First, they are not a "gang". Just a bunch of ass hats that think they own the road on their crotch rockets.
He rear ended a bike that brake checked him. You do that on your bike?
As far as charges, I really dont see from the evidence what you can charge the driver of the car with. He seems to be acting in self defense.
What would you do? Get out and face down 10 or more pissed off hot heads and leave your wife and child in the car?
I've never understood the mentality of younger crotch rocket riders. Brake check? **** no! Physics are not your friend, your bike can stop on a dime and make change, the larger vehicle can not.

No the motorcycles surrounded the SUV and started blocking him in. Now we don't know how it started because something obviously happened before hand.

After the initial accident however the bikers where in the wrong period. Good thing it was not me, I would have shot at them until they decided to stop.
I've always said there are riders, bikers, "bikers", and gangs. Riders are people like me(well, not really, my area is notorious for idiot drivers and I wouldn't ride without a group), bikers are some of the coolest people you'll ever meet, the first people to help out, and just great folks. "Bikers" give everyone else a bad name, they've seen a few too many TV and movie stereotypes and associate their behavior with the bike. Then there are gangs, gangs don't tend to screw with people unless it's a rival gang OR someone pisses them off. "Bikers" are by far the most dangerous.

I've always said there are riders, bikers, "bikers", and gangs. Riders are people like me(well, not really, my area is notorious for idiot drivers and I wouldn't ride without a group), bikers are some of the coolest people you'll ever meet, the first people to help out, and just great folks. "Bikers" give everyone else a bad name, they've seen a few too many TV and movie stereotypes and associate their behavior with the bike. Then there are gangs, gangs don't tend to screw with people unless it's a rival gang OR someone pisses them off. "Bikers" are by far the most dangerous.
Actually, there are recreational bikers, Bike Week wanna be, wallet jobbers, daily riders, 1%ers and stunters.
Rec bikers just hang on the weekend and bar hop and such.
Bike week bikers are salesmen, lawyers and the like that dont shave for week before Daytona or Sturgis. Usually tow the bike.
Wallet Jobbers ride but dont know the first thing about the mechanical side. They pay people to build and maintain thier bikes.
Daily guys are the ones on 10 year old Goldwings heading into work.
1%ers, Hells Angles, Gypsy Jokers, Warlocks and the like that operate on the fringe of society.
And stunters. The guys that do wheelies in traffic and stoppie/enders at the lights.

Stupid bikers riding freely all over both lanes deliberately messing with all other drivers. Why not ride two abreast in one lane? I hope the asshole run over dies and his buddies are all killed in traffic.

Back
Top Bottom