• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enemies list accusations more credible now?

Enemies list accusations more credible now?

• Total voters

Dapper Andy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Friendlier news sources didn't cover it much but Pres. Obama courted a bit of controversy in the run up to the 2012 election when he released a list of Romney donors reminiscent of Nixon's enemies lists. It was inevitable less friendly news sources would begin referring to the list as Obama's enemies list and before long some on that list found themselves in the cross hairs of federal audits, inspections, etc. Action against his "enemies" took place about the same time that the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

Do revelations about the IRS targeting conservative groups and the Justice Dept. targeting journalists who printed things the Administration lend credibility to the idea of an enemy list?

Friendlier news sources didn't cover it much but Pres. Obama courted a bit of controversy in the run up to the 2012 election when he released a list of Romney donors reminiscent of Nixon's enemies lists. It was inevitable less friendly news sources would begin referring to the list as Obama's enemies list and before long some on that list found themselves on the receiving end of federal audits, inspections, etc. Action against his "enemies" took place about the same time that the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

Do revelations about the IRS targeting conservative groups and the Justice Dept. targeting journalists who printed things the Administration lend credibility to the idea of an enemy list?

I doubt that it is some widespread conspiracy, but Obama has shown that if there is a singular target, even sealed records can be opened if it will help him.

There are so many blind loyalists out there that Obama wouldn't even need to be that organized about it. As long as folks think they are being a good follower of the anointed one, they would do pretty much anything they thought would please their master.

Is it liberal activists in power doing it on their own or under the guidance of the Administration's campaign team. That is what needs thorough investigating. The way the top leaders in the administration including Hilary and Obama, for the first two weeks after Benghazi highlighted so greatly the video being the reason for the attacks is highly suspicious because we know they knew that was not accurate. If you are familiar with sleazy lawyer type dishonest spin and the way they use talking points, they repeat over and over the point they are trying to emphasize to change perceptions of the truth to the narrative they want to paint. It's pretty obvious they had a campaign to spin that it was the video for the first two weeks or so.

Honestly it wouldn't shock me. Given how he has treated Fox News I wouldn't put it past him to have a hit list of some kind or try and hinder those who disagree with him.

Other.

Your question presumes that someone didn't think the list was credible in the first place.

Since I have always, since he came to my attention, considered him the reincarnation of either Lenin or Stalin, haven't decide exactly which, but leaning towards Stalin, nothing like that kind of list would surprise me. If he didn't have such a list, it would be very, very surprising.

Wasn't Doug Shulman(a Bush appointee)in charge of the IRS until Nov 2012.

Here he is speaking about the IRS.

"Appearing before the House Ways & Means Subcommittee on Oversight in March 2012"

Back
Top Bottom