• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

When it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.

Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference

Complete list of changes made by State Department (PDF) --- Pay special attention to the revision on September 15th at 9:45am

“Those talking points originated from the intelligence community. They reflect the IC’s best assessments of what they thought had happened,” Carney told reporters at the White House press briefing on November 28, 2012. “The White House and the State Department have made clear that the single adjustment that was made to those talking points by either of those two institutions were changing the word ‘consulate’ to ‘diplomatic facility’ because ‘consulate’ was inaccurate.”

Lies, lies, lies, lies.

Last edited:
Re: Benghazi Talking points went through 12 revisions at State Dept.

Now it turns out that they were actually the product of some deputy meeting where the administration decided to lie.

Drip, Drip, Drip.

In the full article is this gem:

In an email to officials at the White House and the intelligence agencies, State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland took issue with including that information because it “could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either? Concerned …”

So obviously, nothing to see here... just heaving editing of the information for purely political reasons...

In the full article is this gem:

So obviously, nothing to see here... just heaving editing of the information for purely political reasons...

Well golly gee willickers, if we told folks the truth, they might think we'd screwed up!!!. Can't have that....

and people still think the public choice theorists are batty :roll:

After the "red line" statement regarding Syria, does this really surprise anyone?

Obama's story keeps falling apart and now even ABC is on this. So much for the White House story that Rice's Sunday show appearances were just giving honest information she got from intelligence agencies.

"When it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.
ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.

White House emails reviewed by ABC News suggest the edits were made with extensive input from the State Department. The edits included requests from the State Department that references to the Al Qaeda-affiliated group Ansar al-Sharia be deleted as well references to CIA warnings about terrorist threats in Benghazi in the months preceding the attack.
Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference - ABC News

And even more annoying (and confirming MSM is in the Dem's back pocket):

"There is something called Benghazi going on," said Myers. "And I think the Democrats now are starting to worry about it. I started--I got calls from a number of Democrats yesterday trying to undermine Greg Hicks's testimony, saying he wasn't demoted, etc. So I think they feel that some damage was done by those three witnesses on Wednesday."
Democrats Actively Working to Undermine Testimony of Benghazi Whistleblower | The Weekly Standard

Democrats apparently trying to manipulate the press...

Cokie Roberts on Morning Joe this morning read some portion of Jonathan Karl's reporting on Victoria Nuland that went something like 'these modifications were done with the knowledge and supervision of the highest levels of this building'. Her building being the State department, highest level COULD include Hillary. Didn't she testify not knowing about this previously? I've been looking for a source for this but apparently it is not available. Roberts stated that this story is 'breaking currently' which may explain this.

Cokie Roberts on Morning Joe this morning read some portion of Jonathan Karl's reporting on Victoria Nuland that went something like 'these modifications were done with the knowledge and supervision of the highest levels of this building'. Her building being the State department, highest level COULD include Hillary. Didn't she testify not knowing about this previously? I've been looking for a source for this but apparently it is not available. Roberts stated that this story is 'breaking currently' which may explain this.

It is not believable that this all happened without Hillary's knowledge and input.

I think in order for this to sink in with the left you have to put it in terms they can understand so let me give it a try:

A business owner who runs a an auto parts manufacturing plant is alerted to an issue with a particular piece of equipment that his shop uses when he hears about other manufacturers near death emergencies using it. He ignores those warnings, and instead announces how pleased he is with the equipment and how much more competitive his company will be because of it. Investment floods into his business.

Later that same piece of machinery explodes, cutting a 12' gash in the side of the machine, but it's still functional, so he keeps it running. No mention is made about the incident outside of company

His site foreman sends memo after memo to the business owner telling him that the machinery is not safe, but the business owner has a lot invested in the appearance of a safe shop, so rather than order repairs or scrap the equipment as other manufacturers have, he orders his foreman to go to the manufacturing floor, and cuts safety staff as a display of how safe the facility is.

On a morning soon after that decision the machinery catches fire, seriously injuring workers, and the machinery is showing signs that it might explode. No order is given to evacuate, and no order is given to even begin to increase safety measures around the machinery. In complete exasperation some of the engineers at another plant take it upon themselves to go in to fix the machine. The business owner starts consulting his lawyers. The decision is made to not send in more engineers to try and stop the process that will likely lead to a catastrophic explosion.

Seven hours after the fire, the machinery finally explodes, killing the foreman, one of the employees and the two engineers who were frantically trying to get the situation under control.

The business owner gets the final report on the extensive list of warning signs that the machinery was not safe for use, should have undergone major upgrades, and should have been decommissioned until the safety measures were met. A few days later this internal report was released to the public... after removing all statements regarding unheeded safety warnings and known risks, instead, blaming the catastrophe on rats chewing through wiring.

What should be done with the business owner in this case?

The story doesn't surprise me. The fact that ABC is reporting it, well color me shocked.

Actually, this is VERY telling. The liberal media will hold out until they feel the gig is up, then they'll jump on the dogpile when they feel it's useless to resist.

In other words, they're like Laker fans.

What I don't get is why we are not seeing any moderate, or independent member input on this. My lack of love for Obama's job performance aside, I do not hate the guy, but damn, the BUCK does indeed stop at HIM, and in this case Hillary, so why no integrity from the left? This story is so a blowin with white smoke that there most certainly is a fire, and the admin is really just hanging on. It will all come crashing down around them, and dems in congress really need to understand that staying on board listening to the music will spell death for them in 2014. Time to cut bait for the congressional dems, and quick!

Tim-

What I don't get is why we are not seeing any moderate, or independent member input on this. My lack of love for Obama's job performance aside, I do not hate the guy, but damn, the BUCK does indeed stop at HIM, and in this case Hillary, so why no integrity from the left? This story is so a blowin with white smoke that there most certainly is a fire, and the admin is really just hanging on. It will all come crashing down around them, and dems in congress really need to understand that staying on board listening to the music will spell death for them in 2014. Time to cut bait for the congressional dems, and quick!

Tim-

The same reason you see nary a mention of Benghazi on CNN.com, except under "Politics". If you just go to sleep, the boogey man will go away.

CNN claims to be moderate and independent, too.

And the worst part is the left claims the Republicans for digging into this coverup as purely political. According to Hillery "what difference does it make" that statement makes a lot of difference. Hillery your political career is over.

I think in order for this to sink in with the left you have to put it in terms they can understand so let me give it a try:

A business owner who runs a an auto parts manufacturing plant is alerted to an issue with a particular piece of equipment that his shop uses when he hears about other manufacturers near death emergencies using it. He ignores those warnings, and instead announces how pleased he is with the equipment and how much more competitive his company will be because of it. Investment floods into his business.

Later that same piece of machinery explodes, cutting a 12' gash in the side of the machine, but it's still functional, so he keeps it running. No mention is made about the incident outside of company

His site foreman sends memo after memo to the business owner telling him that the machinery is not safe, but the business owner has a lot invested in the appearance of a safe shop, so rather than order repairs or scrap the equipment as other manufacturers have, he orders his foreman to go to the manufacturing floor, and cuts safety staff as a display of how safe the facility is.

On a morning soon after that decision the machinery catches fire, seriously injuring workers, and the machinery is showing signs that it might explode. No order is given to evacuate, and no order is given to even begin to increase safety measures around the machinery. In complete exasperation some of the engineers at another plant take it upon themselves to go in to fix the machine. The business owner starts consulting his lawyers. The decision is made to not send in more engineers to try and stop the process that will likely lead to a catastrophic explosion.

Seven hours after the fire, the machinery finally explodes, killing the foreman, one of the employees and the two engineers who were frantically trying to get the situation under control.

The business owner gets the final report on the extensive list of warning signs that the machinery was not safe for use, should have undergone major upgrades, and should have been decommissioned until the safety measures were met. A few days later this internal report was released to the public... after removing all statements regarding unheeded safety warnings and known risks, instead, blaming the catastrophe on rats chewing through wiring.

What should be done with the business owner in this case?

I think this is still to complicated for a lib to comprehend. Maybe you should change the story where it takes place at a Starbucks and an exploding cappuccino machine.

And the worst part is the left claims the Republicans for digging into this coverup as purely political. According to Hillery "what difference does it make" that statement makes a lot of difference. Hillery your political career is over.

Yep, I really hope so.. And the best part is that it will not come at the hands of the GOP, her own primary peers will destroy her with those comments!

Tim-

It is not believable that this all happened without Hillary's knowledge and input.
I wonder if Susan Rice was privy to all of these changes, or if they just sent her out for slaughter with a handful of lies. Sort of a "if things go south, better her career than any of ours."

Yep, I really hope so.. And the best part is that it will not come at the hands of the GOP, her own primary peers will destroy her with those comments!

Tim-

That's true. In fact, Hillary may be pressured not to run in 2016 simply so the Democratic primaries will not involve Benghazi.

That's true. In fact, Hillary may be pressured not to run in 2016 simply so the Democratic primaries will not involve Benghazi.

Yeah good luck with that. She's been patient with Obama. There's no way in hell she doesn't run. Her hubris will not allow it. She's running, and she's hoping the media will protect her as much as they do Obama. Count on it!

Tim-

I wonder if Susan Rice was privy to all of these changes, or if they just sent her out for slaughter with a handful of lies. Sort of a "if things go south, better her career than any of ours."

When Rice was faulted for her appearance on the Sunday morning talk shows the administration quickly ran with the misogyny/racism/just-reciting-the-CIA-talking-points defense.

I guess as a strategy to push Benghazi past the election it worked well, but is was so flimsy and based on so may lies that they needed a fully compliant media wing to pull it off.

And they would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those darn survivors!

yesterday:

LISA MYERS, NBC NEWS SENIOR INVESTIGATIVE CORRESPONDENT: First of all, in her Congressional testimony, which is her only sustained questioning on this subject -- in her Congressional testimony she basically tried to slam the door on any further questions by saying, remember the dramatic statement, 'what difference does it make?'

This reopens, I think, the questions. I don't think we know yet to what extent this does or might damage Hillary Clinton. I think the administration's biggest vulnerability here is -- first of all, how do you send diplomats into this dangerous area to facilities that do not even meet minimum security standards? How do you then reduce their level of security by taking away some of the military personnel that they had? And then, how do you, when you know these people are in trouble, not find someway to move heaven and earth to at least get help there. (Hardball, May 9, 2013)

NBC's Lisa Meyers: Benghazi Hearing "Reopens" Case Against Hillary Clinton | RealClearPolitics

coffee joe's panel, yesterday morning, 7:00 of chat---what defense is offered (richard wolffe) is pretty weak and halfway

Scarborough: There Should Be Long Hearings Over Benghazi

"the review that was made is not adequate," lisa myers

"this doesn't pass the sniff test," joe

"we're getting into some dangerous territory for this white house," joe

"this clearly has a yuck factor," dumb donnie deutsch

"that's cheryl mills for you, she clearly crossed the line," mr wolffe

yes, we are getting into some very dangerous territory for this very worried white house

and unless some big change comes to turn things it's only gonna get worse

cuz we are just beginning

think 18 months time frame

stay tuned

Yeah good luck with that. She's been patient with Obama. There's no way in hell she doesn't run. Her hubris will not allow it. She's running, and she's hoping the media will protect her as much as they do Obama. Count on it!

Tim-

Oh, I'm not saying she won't run, but the DNC would rather she not at this point.

"What difference does it make!" is the sound clip that will keep on giving.

Hillery your political career is over.
In 2008 she asked, "It's 3AM, and your children are safe and asleep, who do you want answering the phone."

Hmm, a better question might be,

"It's 3PM and you're far from safe, and in dire need of help, who do you pray to God DOESN'T answer the phone."

Back
Top Bottom