• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Baucus Warns of "Huge Train Wreck" Enacting ObamaCare Provisions

The Prof

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Senator Max Baucus (D-Montana) said Wednesday he fears a "train wreck" as the Obama administration implements its new healthcare law.

Baucus, the chairman of the chamber's powerful Finance Committee and a key architect of the healthcare reform law, said he fears people do not understand how the law will work.

"I just see a huge train wreck coming down," he told Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius at a Wednesday hearing. "You and I have discussed this many times and I don't see any results yet."

Baucus pressed Sebelius for details about how the Health Department will explain the law and raise awareness of its provisions, which are supposed to take effect in just a matter of months.

"I'm very concerned that not enough is being done so far -- very concerned," Baucus said.

He pressed Sebelius to explain how her department will overcome entrenched misunderstandings about what the healthcare law does.

"Small businesses have no idea what to do, what to expect," Baucus said.

Citing anecdotal evidence from small businesses in his home state, Baucus asked Sebelius for specifics about how it is measuring public understanding of the law.

"You need data. Do you have any data? You've never given me data. You only gave me concepts, frankly," he said.

Baucus warns of 'huge train wreck' enacting ObamaCare provisions - The Hill's Healthwatch

as chair of senate finance, baucus is more than any single individual responsible for the exact language of obamacare

the hill, which is the primary print source for cspan, calls the vulnerable senator from montana the "primary author of the healthcare law"

just last week, uber lib jay rockefeller from west virginia (who is retiring), another "leading force in the creation of president obama's healthcare law," called the leviathan legislation which nancy pelosi famously said we must all pass to find out what's in it, "just beyond comprehension"

rockefeller worried that if the rollout "isn't done right the first time it will just simply become worse"

'Obamacare' creator Sen. Jay Rockefeller now says law 'beyond comprehension' - Washington Times

it reminds me of the time 21 term retired congressman david obey (a genuine sob, chair of appropriations, and widely acclaimed congressional author of the stimulus bill which by all accounts this side of krugman failed) savaged the administration for misrepresenting jobs "created or saved" by that 865B boondoggle

Dave Obey Chides Obama Administration For 'Stupid Mistakes' On Stimulus Reporting: HuffPo

so you got obama running around pushing gun control which few outside the mainstream media care much about---and losing on it, to boot

while gdp goes backwards, hundreds of thousands drop out of the workforce, median income declines, employers cut hours...

and the signature piece of obama-land, according to its authors, is just another giant cluster-fail

are you sure these people know what they're doing?

embarrassed yet?

Back
Top Bottom