• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US Federal Reserve and Journalist

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Fed’s Assault On Gold: “Short Selling” and the Rigging of the Gold Market | Global Research

The claim in this story is that the US Federal Reserve sold naked shorts on Gold on 4/12 in dramatic volume. The reasoning was to stop private parties from demanding possession of gold they don't have. Now is this a conspiracy theory or not? Wouldn't journalist be able to determine if this happened or not?

Story - Fed manipulated market?

or

Story - Gold sellers make up mythical Fed story to stop crash.

It seems like either one is newsworthy but we have no main stream news on it?

The fed manipulates markets. That is what is does. As for this, given the mentality of those who buy large quantities of gold, I suspect the writer is trying to reignite the waning demand for gold

The Fed’s Assault On Gold: “Short Selling” and the Rigging of the Gold Market | Global Research

The claim in this story is that the US Federal Reserve sold naked shorts on Gold on 4/12 in dramatic volume. The reasoning was to stop private parties from demanding possession of gold they don't have. Now is this a conspiracy theory or not? Wouldn't journalist be able to determine if this happened or not?

Story - Fed manipulated market?

or

Story - Gold sellers make up mythical Fed story to stop crash.

It seems like either one is newsworthy but we have no main stream news on it?

Given the stories from 07-10 of the Fed dumping gold on the market to halt the rapid rise in price, I wouldn't be surprised. I was quite surprised when gold took a hit.

I chalked it up to the big Cyprus Gold Sale plan and then Goldman's warning, but it could just be a good sign of confidence in the market, the dollar and that people are no longer so concerned with hedging against inflation. Maybe just maybe things are getting better... please... else this is simply good new for those who didn't get in when gold was @<$1K and want to buy now.

I doubt this is good news that the economy is doing better when the gov has to intervene to strengthen confidence in the dollar by shorting gold, while all along devaluing currency with QE. That's a situation that will not stay balanced indefinitely and eventually the FED and gov will run out of bullets for keeping up Market confidence.

I'd just like a real journalist to provide us evidence that it occured. The article linked provides a source but its unreliable to me. And if its not true the gold sellers / companies out to be outed for making this crap up. If it is true - Jesus - WTF is our Fed/Gov up too?

I doubt this is good news that the economy is doing better when the gov has to intervene to strengthen confidence in the dollar by shorting gold, while all along devaluing currency with QE. That's a situation that will not stay balanced indefinitely and eventually the FED and gov will run out of bullets for keeping up Market confidence.

I'd just like a real journalist to provide us evidence that it occured. The article linked provides a source but its unreliable to me. And if its not true the gold sellers / companies out to be outed for making this crap up. If it is true - Jesus - WTF is our Fed/Gov up too?

I did a search and there's no definitive proof that the FED naked shorted gold but former Assistant Treasury Secretary Roberts came out recently saying he believes they did. They don't do it to control markets specifically for the wealthy but to help the economy. I personally think the gov/FED are trying to manipulate the market forces too much because of how they let the banks and corporate investors almost tank it completely back in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom