• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britain to India: Diamond in royal crown is ours

If India wants it back, they can do what the Poms did to get it in the first place. They should invade England. :lol:

He should ask India to undue all the engineering that the British accomplished over there during the Colonial Era. Bridges, canals, dams, power plants or buildings should all be ripped down. :roll:

The Koh-I-Noor diamond was presented to Queen Victoria by Duleeb Singh as a part of the treaty of Bhyowal in 1846 and the Maharajah of Lahore was given 50,000 pounds a year in return. The deal was made as a part of many legitimate financial transactions such as war reparations at the time upon the conclusion of the First Anglo-Sikh War and the mother of the Maharaja was awarded an annual pension of 150,000 rupees. Britain is not legally obliged to return the diamond and Kate Middleton, who is second in line to the throne, will don the crown holding the diamond on official occasions.

If the British want to keep the diamond, they should put in on the museum circuit. Having your heads of state wear a crown that symbolized India as the "jewel of the British Empire" under colonial rule is obviously going to piss people off. If Cameron doesn't want to focus on the past, the royal family should stop rubbing it in peoples faces.

This is a matter between UK and India. Unless there's evidence this disagreement will end in a nuclear exchange, I really don't care who has the diamond. :shrug:

This is a matter between UK and India. Unless there's evidence this disagreement will end in a nuclear exchange, I really don't care who has the diamond. :shrug:

you care so little, you post about it. just like me
current words over an ancient bauble. big deal

Back
Top Bottom