• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attack on Iran?

Do you think Iran would be attacked?

• No

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Dunno

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canell

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Hello, people

Now that Obama is sworn into second term and the Israeli elections are over, do you think Iran would be attacked?

I answered this a bit quickly as I thought the question would be if I would agree to an attack on Iran.

However, I don't see it happening. China is too heavily involved in Iran, and the last thing we would want to do is get into a conflict involving China.

Obama has nothing to gain from attacking Iran. I believe his second term (barring any outside influences) will be focused more on the home front rather than abroad.

Nope. Attacking Iran is stupid and nonsensical. Moreover, attacking Iran would almost certainly destroy a Democrat winning the White House in 2016.

I doubt it. Obama would give them the bomb in the name of peace if he could figure out a way to do it and not have any downside.

Hello, people

Now that Obama is sworn into second term and the Israeli elections are over, do you think Iran would be attacked?

Do I think it would be attacked if what?

If they develop a nuke and start sabre rattling to Israel, then they'll likely be attacked. If they try to invade Iraq, they'll likely be attacked. If all they do is continue to leap and hoot, probably not.

Hell no...
Have the conservatives ever learned anything ?
But, if they attack Israel or our nation, then, for them its all over and we had best be able to back that up...I think that they realize this....like us they have their extremists.

I doubt it. Obama would give them the bomb in the name of peace if he could figure out a way to do it and not have any downside.

As opposed to invading every country in the middle east that pisses the neo-cons off.

As opposed to invading every country in the middle east that pisses the neo-cons off.

Really, I thought we were protecting Israel and the Jews support the dems. I guess we can just the Arabs take it back if we want to be all partisan about our policies.

No, I don't think Iran will be attacked. The Israeli election results weakened the hard line conservative hawkish Likud's platform and now they will have to appease a more moderate party in the Knesset. And too, Israel is losing international support for their aggressive anti-peace policies. Also,
with Ahmadinejad heading out the door and the crippling sanctions, Iran's leadership seems to be softening on negotiations.

"Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his hard-line allies fared far worse than expected in a parliamentary election Tuesday, likely forcing him to reach across the aisle to court a popular political newcomer to cobble together a new coalition...."
Israel Election 2013: Results Suggests Netanyahu's Likud Party, Allies Win Vote

Iran's Departing Leader Urges Reforms - WSJ.com

Hello, people

In what timeframe? It mostly depends on Iran. If they continue their nuke program and get within a certain distance of completing it, then yes. I doubt that is imminent though.

The US is not going to attack Iran unless Iran attacks our forces in the region. The rest is just appeasement rhetoric for the Israeli's. we didn't do it with North Korea and we won't do it with Iran.

Yup. We'll wake up one morning with Irans multiple nuke sights up in smoke.

My sons over their right now parked in the Persion Gulf. Its a pre-empt to war which will be carried out exclusively by the Israelis.

Theyr'e not isolating pure plutonium to power their falafel makers over their.

But one things certain, they will only have the "trigger" material for a multistage thermal weapon.

Never the tridium to convert it into a fusion weapon.

Hello, people

Hell no!!!!!!

No, not as things are. Obama has more power and the neocons less after the election. In addition, centrist rational Israelis have spoken and Netanyahu has diminished power after the Israeli election. There is now less likelihood that Iran will be attacked in the near future, unless of course Iran goes ape****.

I dont like Iran, but what I dont like more is getting into their business. But yes I think they'll be attacked soon.

I do not think that US will attack Iran militarily any time soon, what I do believe is that US is already engaged in a cold war with Iran. but the effects of sanctions are actually not what many people think. in fact, sanctions are the primary reason why the 2009 uprising against Iranian government failed. after cutting economical sources of Iran, Government tried squeezing internal economy for resources to keep funding the proxy wars in Gaza strip and Syria so effectively they destroyed the middle class Iranians who were the ones standing for secular values and democratic government in Iran. what western world should have done was to support middle class Iranians by selectively restricting the venues of Iranian economy which helped government instead of crippling it completely.

Really, I thought we were protecting Israel and the Jews support the dems. I guess we can just the Arabs take it back if we want to be all partisan about our policies.

I am not sure who the Jewish people support, and how does it matter, anyhow ??.
And they do not seem to need our support as it is.
And if the neo-cons want war - let them fight it directly - leave the American people out of it..

I am not sure who the Jewish people support, and how does it matter, anyhow ??.
And they do not seem to need our support as it is.
And if the neo-cons want war - let them fight it directly - leave the American people out of it..

Strange that the Progressives know exactly who the Jews are when it comes time to raise money.......

Why? Wouldn't be enough just to bomb the **** out of the nuclear facilities?

If we are willing to mount a first nuclear strike sure.

Otherwise, no.

Iran's facilities are build deep under mountains with a special type of concrete that has enormous resistance to damage.

Could Iran's Ultra-Tough Concrete Withstand Bunker-Busting Bombs? | Popular Science

That is precisely why the US is throwing money at new bunker busters that can deal with the super-concrete. Our stuff right now, conventionally, can't break it.

So it's nukes, occupation or nothing. Bad choices all around.

Back
Top Bottom