• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU in fresh trouble as budget summit faces collapse

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
AFP - The European Union looks set for fresh trouble this week as an extraordinary summit called to agree a long-term trillion-euro budget heads for an ugly showdown, possibly even failure.
Already weakened by three years of economic crisis, the 27-nation bloc of half a billion people faces new trauma at the two-day summit starting Thursday after weeks of talks that have exposed stark divisions between pro- and anti-austerity nations, as well as between the haves and have-nots.

EU in fresh trouble as budget summit faces collapse - FRANCE 24

Wow, sound familiar? Yeah, let's keep following Europe down their path, I am sure it'll all be just fine.....:roll:

Wow, sound familiar? Yeah, let's keep following Europe down their path, I am sure it'll all be just fine.....:roll:

I'm not sure why someone has to observe that all that all the economically central political entities of the world are facing upheaval and conflict due to the ongoing developments of the 2008 recession when that awareness should just be expected of any post.

The only thing we have in common with Europe that has any bearing here is that we got involved with globalism.

Last edited:
There are half a billion people in the EU? I was surprised by that number.

Back
Top Bottom