• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Custody Dispute May Have Led To Murder-Suicide

Pinkie

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- Three children, their uncle, and their grandmother were found dead inside a garage Monday in what appears to be a murder-suicide amid a custody dispute.
A truck was running with hoses leading from the exhaust into a car in the family's Toledo garage Monday. Inside the vehicle were the bodies of 54-year-old Sandy Ford; her 32-year-old son, Andy Ford; and her grandchildren, 10-year-old Paige Hayes, 6-year-old Logan Hayes and 5-year-old Madalyn Hayes, police said.
Sandy Ford's husband, Randy, called police Monday afternoon to say that he had returned home and found suspicious notes in the house from his wife, son and grandkids. He said he wasn't able to enter the garage.
Firefighters used a sledgehammer to open a door to the garage, which had been barricaded shut. The bodies of the five people, two dogs and one cat were found inside the car.
Investigators believe they died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The five victims lived with Randy Ford in the house, located in a residential neighborhood close to the Michigan state line.
Sgt. Joe Heffernan said Sandy Ford had primarily taken care of the children at her residence for the last four years, but their parents - the Fords' daughter, Mandy Hayes, and the children's father, Chris Hayes, were trying to regain full custody of them. He said Sandy Ford was upset about that, and he believes that was the motive for the murder-suicide.

AP News | The Times-Tribune | thetimes-tribune.com

I don't have any more information, but this certainly seems like the result of "I'll never let you win" type thinking.

Damn that grandmother to hell.

So much for grandma being the person "having the best interest" of the children.

I read that entire article, desperately searching for "WHY???" All I could find was a narcissistic grandmother who basically said, "Because **** you, that's why. If I can't have them, nobody can."

This makes me want to punch something. I cannot wrap my mind around this kind of evil. :(

I don't know what to say. I can't wrap my mind around it either. And actually their were two adults involved in this, not just one. So obviously they discussed it. Unless the 32 year was in some way mentally disabled, which I guess is possible, though not mentioned.

The other adult was the children's uncle. This entire family system was completely FUBAR and CPS should have grabbed those kids.

Back
Top Bottom