• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban Attack British and US Base: Taliban Says After Prince Harry......

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
At least two US Marines were killed in the strike on the base in Helmand province, which houses American and British troops among others.

Major Adam Wojack, a spokesman for International Security Assistance Force in Kabul, confirmed British forces had been involved in repelling the attack, alongside American troops.

He said 18 attackers were killed and another one was wounded and being given medical treatment.

A number of aircraft, hangars and other buildings at the base were hit and badly damaged by insurgent fire.

A Taliban spokesman said the attack was in revenge for an amateur film that mocked Islam, and because Prince Harry was known to be at the base.

The fighting broke out after protests swept the Middle East over an amateur film that mocked Islam. Western embassies in Libya, Egypt and Sudan were among those that were raided and looted.....snip~

British troops help fight off Taliban attack on Afghan military base housing Prince Harry - Telegraph
Saturday 15 September 2012<<<<<More Here, Way More!

get him out of there before more people get killed.

A Taliban spokesman said the attack was in revenge for an amateur film that mocked Islam, and because Prince Harry was known to be at the base.

The film excuse is such a crock! The Taliban has been threatening to either kidnap or kill Prince Harry prior to "film mania".

I agree.. Harry is a lightening rod.

Remember the motto, Loose Lips Sink Ships?

For the 2 US Marines.....R.I.P. My Cuzins.
sign_amen.gif
Heaven was needing a couple more Hero's. Huah!
icon_salut.gif
m1helmet.gif

The film excuse is such a crock! The Taliban has been threatening to either kidnap or kill Prince Harry prior to "film mania".

Agreed.....they are playing on this. As the First Taliban Spokesperson Confirmed they were going after Harry.

quite the opposite. Go build a FOB in the middle of bad guy land, arm it to the hilt, put air on station, and then have Prince Harry take command. Perhaps a good IO campaign mocking the Taliban for being too cowardly to come and try to make good on their threat would be a good addition.

Agreed.....they are playing on this. As the First Taliban Spokesperson Confirmed they were going after Harry.

They are protesting or rioting at US consulates and embassies all over the world.. without the Taliban or concerns about Prince Harry.

I don't think we can minimize the vulgarity of the film. We also have the right to be very offended at a hateful propaganda film that hurts the US and Americans abroad.

While this Copt immigrant ... or is he a foreign national... has the right of free speech, we have the right to loudly condemn his film.

quite the opposite. Go build a FOB in the middle of bad guy land, arm it to the hilt, put air on station, and then have Prince Harry take command. Perhaps a good IO campaign mocking the Taliban for being too cowardly to come and try to make good on their threat would be a good addition.

Not to mention, we put 18 bad guys on ice. Sounds like a good day for the home team.

They are protesting or rioting at US consulates and embassies all over the world.. without the Taliban or concerns about Prince Harry.

I don't think we can minimize the vulgarity of the film. We also have the right to be very offended at a hateful propaganda film that hurts the US and Americans abroad.

While this Copt immigrant ... or is he a foreign national... has the right of free speech, we have the right to loudly condemn his film.

They are Protesting because their Religious Leaders have incited them to violence. Most are using this as an excuse for their behaviour. Moreover.....we/you have the Right to Loudly Condemn his film.

Ever hear of a Blow Horn? There is no Righteous Ground to Stand upon if attacking others who are innocent.

Not to mention, we put 18 bad guys on ice. Sounds like a good day for the home team.

well I mean think about it. If you can go ahead, use the terrain, establish good TAI's, and then use someone like Harry to make the enemy come to you? You'd be a fool not to take advantage of it. Harry'd never be in any more danger than he is already, the PR out of it for the Royal Family and Great Britain in general would be awesome, and any Taliban dumb enough to poke their head up would get plastered.

well I mean think about it. If you can go ahead, use the terrain, establish good TAI's, and then use someone like Harry to make the enemy come to you? You'd be a fool not to take advantage of it. Harry'd never be in any more danger than he is already, the PR out of it for the Royal Family and Great Britain in general would be awesome, and any Taliban dumb enough to poke their head up would get plastered.

Draw the enemy into the open and use speed, terrain, tactics and fitepower to engage him close quarter combat and festroy him.

The defetests are always crying about how the Taliban won't stand and fight. Well...

I didn't realize that the Taliban were behind 9/11?

Okay.....but what does 911 have to do with this Article or the Taliban being Muslim?

Why did the USA invade Afganastan?

Why is the USA still there?

Why is the USA fighting the Taliban?

To destroy the logistical base for al Qaeda.

To try to build a state in which another such base cannot be established.

Because they are attempting to prevent that state from being built.

According to Obama.....Because he thought it was the Right thing to do. Thought it was Right that Bush started there, and thought it was Right that ALL of Congress voted to go into Afghanistan.

The Reason they are still.....well according to Obama they are asking us to stay there, train them, and in return we can hang out there for another 10yrs.

Now the Reasons we are fighting the Taliban.....there are Several. But the most Important one, was due to taking American Lives and attacking American Soldiers. While we were Hunting down AQ members. The Taliban attacked First there. Course Karzi has changed things up since the Death of his Warlord Brother and Former King of the Opium Trade there.

apdst-

I thought it was the BushII apologists complaining the Taliwhackers don't stand out in the desert and wait for overwhelming air power to come for them?

I seem to recall a similar strategy used in Vietnam, Dien Bien Phu, how did that work out? Course it could work as well as Khe Sahn, drawing all the US attention north while the VC infiltrated everyplace else.

My point is just because you draw it up a certain way doesn't mean your enemy will be very cooperative and put their head in the noose.

Again people forget kill ratios are more important to the armchair crowd than the combatants. Once again the young'ins forget the lesson General Powell attempted to teach them. Kill 10 to one, kill 20 to one and you still lose because they want it more and will gladly pay more to defeat the Devil's minions.

The question that should be asked before launching an invasion aimed not at punishing but recasting so different a society into something they detest-

what would we do in their place?

Are you saying you wouldn't give 50 to one to drive the invaders out?

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

Sounds like two Marines got killed, never a good day.

It's battle. Men die...Lieutenant.

The objective is to defeat the enemy. I guess they don't teqch that at TOBC.

Dear oldworldorder,

Thank you for your prompt replies to my questions.

I noticed that you used the credible academic sources found in the University of hollywood and the magnificent integrity that underpinns the US corporately run mass media

Keep up the great work in here

Most of the people in here are very proud of you and appreciate all that hard work you have put in.

Yours sincerely,

Klown

So you didn't want those answers? You wanted something other than the truth?

I can make things up, if you want.

Heya.....one of ya Mods want to Merge Bronsons Thread with mine here, Please......Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom