• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI Launches Unprecedented Attack On NYPD Over Muslim Surveillance Tactics

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
FBI Launches Unprecedented Attack On NYPD Over Muslim Surveillance Tactics

FBI Launches Unprecedented Attack On NYPD Over Muslim Surveillance Tactics « CBS New York

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The head of the Newark FBI said Wednesday the NYPD’s monitoring of Muslims in New Jersey has had a chilling effect on the feds’ ability to gather counter terrorism intelligence.In the annals of policing this is unheard of. Usually people in law enforcement hang together. If they have squabbles they keep it in the cone of silence.Not this time.“What we’re seeing now with the uproar that is occurring in New Jersey is that we’re starting to see cooperation pulled back. People are concerned that they’re being followed. People are concerned that they can’t trust law enforcement,” said FBI Newark Special Agent in Charge Michael Ward.

About ****ing time, Bloomberg has been out of control with his out of city LE operations, in another thread folks were arguing that he had the jurisdiction, clearly the FBI is not happy with bloombergs bumbling acting like king instead of a city mayor.

About ****ing time, Bloomberg has been out of control with his out of city LE operations, in another thread folks were arguing that he had the jurisdiction, clearly the FBI is not happy with bloombergs bumbling acting like king instead of a city mayor.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Sounds like the FBI would be better served by working with NYPD:

But it’s the first attack by a brother law enforcement official, and it’s the first public display of what appears to b a long-simmering resentment among federal officials of Kelly’s success in building a 1,000-member counter terrorism unit that rivals any unit anywhere.

By comparison, the Newark FBI office has 100 agents.

I can't say as I blame New York City for going above and beyond in its efforts to keep NYC safe...

Sounds like the FBI would be better served by working with NYPD:

I can't say as I blame New York City for going above and beyond in its efforts to keep NYC safe...

but they are not, but doing this they create distrust in the communities, they are a city, not a federal agency. And it has more to do with stroking bloombergs ego than it does with anti-terrorism.

but they are not, but doing this they create distrust in the communities, they are a city, not a federal agency. And it has more to do with stroking bloombergs ego than it does with anti-terrorism.

you are concerned about terrorists feeling distrust of law enforcement officials
your concern is very misplaced

you are concerned about terrorists feeling distrust of law enforcement officials
your concern is very misplaced

I think your intellectual understanding is what's "misplaced" unless you think all muslims are terrorists. If that's the case you have even bigger issues than I imagined.

I think your intellectual understanding is what's "misplaced" unless you think all muslims are terrorists. If that's the case you have even bigger issues than I imagined.
i missed that the LEOs have ALL muslims under surveillance
please show me where that is indicated
otherwise it must be found that you are the one with observable intellectual limitations

otherwise it must be found that you are the one with observable intellectual limitations

It's not fun when you play obtuse. Bring up your game. NYPD is a city police force, not a federal one.

It's not fun when you play obtuse. Bring up your game.
let's just sit back, mister obvious, and examine your next statement and then evaluate which of us has need to elevate their game

NYPD is a city police force, not a federal one.

let's just sit back, mister obvious, and examine your next statement and then evaluate which of us has need to elevate their game

I'm sorry, but your fail is especially strong today. I have no desire for a retort.

It doesn't need to be "all". Just far more than is necessary, reasonable, or legally justified. Which is the case here.

It doesn't need to be "all". Just far more than is necessary, reasonable, or legally justified. Which is the case here.

that's not what he said
he referenced ALL muslims
look at his post

How weird. Bloomberg was so successful in business, and he's so rich. It's hard to believe he's not the greatest mayor the world has ever known.

I think your intellectual understanding is what's "misplaced" unless you think all muslims are terrorists.
Not all muslims are terrorists but ALL TERRORISTS are muslim.

Back
Top Bottom