• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Debate 1/08

Who gained the most from the Debate on 1/08?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Ron Paul

• Newt Gingrich

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Rick Perry

• Total voters

iacardsfan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Select who you think the winner is above. Feel free to post who you thought was the loser of the debate below.

You left out Jon Huntsman. I think he gained the most.

I think Romney lost the most, as he was taken down a peg by Santorum, Gingrich, and Huntsman, and seemed even more disingenuous than usual. Though it will make little difference as he's still a lock to win NH and the nomination.

I think the rest of them didn't gain or lose any ground in the debate.

Gingrich sacrificed himself to take Romney down a peg. Santorum took Romney down another but didn't gain anything himself. Perry and Paul were largely pointless. Huntsman benefited most.

Do these guys really have anything new to say that we haven't heard from them already?

Do these guys really have anything new to say that we haven't heard from them already?

Not really. But people like us (meaning those who pay attention to politics) are in the minority. Politicians have to repeat themselves over and over again in order to get their message across. And still vast majorities of the voting population will never hear or digest the point(s) they are trying to make.

Back
Top Bottom