• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Adam Carolla: OWS Movement "Self-entitled monsters"

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Adam Carolla Talks About Occupy Wall Street | Video | TheBlaze.com

Some people have a way of breaking down an issue, laying it out in its simplest, most rudimentary form. Comic and podcaster Adam Carolla did just that recently when he unleashed what many conservatives will hail an acerbic yet painfully accurate debunking of the Occupy movement and its self-ascribed motivations. The nearly ten minute long lampooning of America’s new “f–king self-entitled monsters“ who ”think the world owes them a living” is peppered with very strong language, still, Carolla’s observations are worth listening through to the end.

Among the many highlights in Carolla’s rant, he asks why the top “1 percent” of America paying 50 percent of all income tax in the country is not good enough for the Occupiers. He also observes how “envy” never before existed among Americans the way it does now, and that it, along with “shame” plays a crucial role in the Occupiers’ motivation and self-justification.
Reflecting on how things used to be “back in the day,” Carolla states:

“You took guys who built something, and you said ‘there’s a guy who accomplished something.‘ You didn’t say, ‘that guy didn’t pay his fair share.’ That guy paid millions of dollars last year, and you paid sh** and you’re pissed at him?”

(The unedited version contains very strong language, so you may choose to listen to the edited version.)

I'll have to listen to this when I get home. By and large I enjoy Carolla.

And now Girls Jumping on Trampolines

Man-Show-Juggy-Girls-on-Trampolines+2.jpg

...We created a bunch of [badwording] self-entitled monsters. People are so far out
of it in what they expect and what is realistic and what the rules should be for
them and for the other guys. I want my Most Valuable Player trophy. . . .
They think the world owes them a living. . . .

They grew up and it's fine if you grow up in this little snow globe of a life where
everything is awesome and there are no losers. But then you get into the real world,
and you realize, "I'm a [badwording] loser," you're not doing well, and you're not
making much money, and no one's giving you a participation trophy. Instead of looking
in the mirror and going, "Why am I not doing better?", you find somebody who's got
more stuff than you and say, "Hey, man, what do you need all that stuff for?" This
is what's going on. They're feeling shame. They've been shamed by life, because
they haven't been prepared for life.

The real world doesn't care how pretty you are or what you do, all those lies told
to you by your parents about how special you are. In the real world, you're just
peon No. 27 who's putting in an application. And your plan is to put a rock through
my window. That's your plan!..

that's fairly on the money.

That is a classic rant for the history books. He nailed it.....and he was funny at the same time.

We hear the same whiny **** on this board daily. Wah...it's not FAIR...the rich should pay MORE. They should pay their "fair share" regardless of the fact that they pay theirs and any 500 slackers 'share'. Take every penny from the rich, the broke ass losers are still going to be broke ass losers. THEN who do you blame? Success is much more likely when you start with taking care of your own miserable pathetic existence.

Thats about spot on.

This debate seems to be about a mutual admiration society for conservatives. I shall retire to a debate starring common sense and reason.

It's a strawman but whatever.

Carolla's spot on. There isn't much of a refutation without coming off whiny - which is why he's spot on.

Ending child labor: "self entitled monsters"
Women can vote: "self entitled monsters"
Civil rights for blacks: "self entitled monsters"

Ending child labor: "self entitled monsters"
Women can vote: "self entitled monsters"
Civil rights for blacks: "self entitled monsters"

Comparing OWS to civil rights is moronic.

Comparing OWS to civil rights is moronic.

Your right... Remember when all the right were talking about how OWS is a bunch of communists?

Oh look another pat ourselves on the back thread for conservatives and libertarians to congratulate each other on having the same opinion about a strawman.

Your right... Remember when all the right were talking about how OWS is a bunch of communists?

Boy...the democrats are in TROUBLE this coming election with all these people so upset that democrats are stuffing their pockets with banker/broker/union cash that they would compare them democrats to Klansmen (oh...wait...Klansmen WERE democrats). Dood...there is no WAY democrats get reelected!

I know...I cant even say it with a straight face anymore...of COURSE those idiot OWS supporters will vote the democrats back in! Which just proves their outrage is bull****.

Klansmen WERE democrats
I'm still waiting for people to educate themselves on history enough to know that this statement doesn't mean what they think it does.

I know...I cant even say it with a straight face anymore...of COURSE those idiot OWS supporters will vote the democrats back in! Which just proves their outrage is bull****.
It's kind of dumb to judge the authenticity of outrage according to how one handles a two party system.

That would be a great point except that many of the OWS ARE Communists.

I'm still waiting for people to educate themselves on history enough to know that this statement doesn't mean what they think it does.

It's kind of dumb to judge the authenticity of outrage according to how one handles a two party system.
Right...cuz...hey...we can just SAY they werent...and suddenly...all of em...NOT.

You dont have two party's to choose from and even within your (ooops...I mean THEIR...you know...the OWS morons) beloved party they can support candidates that dont in every way embody the things they pretend to hate. Or...just keep on being lying hypocrites...they can do that too. But you have to admit, 'they' look PRETTY DAMN STUPID spending all these months just OH so very outraged...OUTRAGED I tell ya over the influence in politics when the politicians they hate are the ones they elected and will reelect.

Yes sense we know there are sooooo many communists in America... :roll:

No...its a GOOD picture...the democrats in this picture are the ones oppressing blacks...and the democrat politicians are the ones getting their pockets lined with banker cash. So...the 99% must be the minorities...except unlike then, the 99% group ELECTED the recipients of the bank/broker/union cash...so...hmmmm...

Yes sense we know there are sooooo many communists in America... :roll:

The Communist Party in the U.S. was/is part of the OWS protests. If you cannot acknowledge that simple fact, then you're just being dishonest.

Strawman - what happens when you don't take the time to try and understand the other side's position.

It's hard to blame Carolla or anyone else who are taking an opportunity to trash the idea behind the OWS movement. It's most public face is in fact kids that ought to be out trying to earn a living rather than talking about raising taxes on those that earn or get the most money in our society.

Unfortunately OWS's public face isn't the average guy who has, in fact, gone out and worked hard and chose a profession that has been downsized, outsourced or outright eliminated, and can't react to the changes in the market fast enough to find work doing something else.

And no matter what any defending of the 1% may say, earnings of the 1% have SKYROCKETED in the past few decades while earning of the 99% have stagnated at best. The 1% have all of the leverage to determine how much they get paid and the 99%, due to weakening of unions and an overall pro-corporate/anti-employee culture, have virtually none. It's hard for me to keep a straight face when someone suggests that the people on the lower rungs of the social ladder just need to climb higher. This profound disparity in wages is shameful and immoral.

Back
Top Bottom