• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kansas governor tattles on teen's rude tweet

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Kansas governor tattles on teen's rude tweet

Kansas governor tattles on teen's rude tweet - Yahoo! News

This amused me the most...
Quote from article:
"Students may express their personal beliefs, views, and opinions, as long as they do so appropriately and in accordance with school policies."
Translation: Students are allowed to say anything they want... as long as we approve. :doh :lol:

Students shouldn't be tweeting during class in the first damned place.

That's the problem with people who've never been punched in the mouth. They don't know how to keep it shut.

In the end I would have been embarrassed to have complained about this as guv. I'd be willing to bet that he actually had no idea the complaint was made but I don't care much for whiney handlers such as this.

Ohhh my Govenator Brownback, remember when God told you that you would be pres? Oh yea didnt happen.. I thought you wanted to stay out of the citizens lives with your conservatard agenda!? What happened to that?

In the end I would have been embarrassed to have complained about this as guv. I'd be willing to bet that he actually had no idea the complaint was made but I don't care much for whiney handlers such as this.

Yeah - while I think it's utmost ridiculous that she had a cellphon and access to internet while during school hours . .. foremost: why did hte governor have access to her tweet account, why was he reading? Overall: who gives a ****? I've said a lot worse about Obama - and I'm not even tweeting.

First, the kid was on a field trip, not in the classroom. Cell phone use is generally allowed on field trips unless it is overdone.

The kid wrote: "Just made mean comments at gov brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot," Sullivan wrote, despite not saying anything to Brownback during the visit -- she said she wrote it to get a laugh out of her friends.

The comments would have gone unnoticed by anyone other than the girl's 60 Twitter followers had the governor's office not complained and the school not overracted. Now the girl has just under 2,000 Twitter followers and has been on CNN to discuss censorship and free speech. Guess what those 2,000 people are discussing? Recall and grassroots organizing to make Governor Brownback history.

First, the kid was on a field trip, not in the classroom. Cell phone use is generally allowed on field trips unless it is overdone.

The kid wrote: "Just made mean comments at gov brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot," Sullivan wrote, despite not saying anything to Brownback during the visit -- she said she wrote it to get a laugh out of her friends.

The comments would have gone unnoticed by anyone other than the girl's 60 Twitter followers had the governor's office not complained and the school not overracted. Now the girl has just under 2,000 Twitter followers and has been on CNN to discuss censorship and free speech. Guess what those 2,000 people are discussing? Recall and grassroots organizing to make Governor Brownback history.

Even better. An overreaction to an overreaction.

Only twits and twats tweet.

JMO, present company and frenchwomen excepted, YMMV. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom