• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Occupy Wall Street Protestors Plan Epic March...

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
...From NYC To Washington D.C.

As the Occupy Wall Street protest moves into its second month at Zuccotti Park, a small group of demonstrators has plans to up the ante -- departing from the Lower Manhattan park and heading toward the nation's capital on foot.

The group plans to kick off their two-week, 240-mile march at noon Wednesday when dozens will leave the park and make their way to Washington, D.C.
Occupy Wall Street March: Occupy Wall Street Protestors Plan Epic March From NYC To Washington D.C. - WPIX

Well, this should be fun to watch.

I wonder how many of these idiots will succeed in walking more than seventeen miles a day for fourteen days straight.

240 miles of walking sounds fun! Wonder how many tears end up on their trail. Some shoe company should back them and get in on this action. Imagine all the free publicity a shoe company could get handing out freebies that ended playing an important role in the whole treck.

Forrest Gump( OWS): [running] I had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours.
[he stops and turns around]
Young Man Running (NEWS): Quiet, quiet! He's gonna say something!
Forrest Gump (OWS): [pause] I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now.

Reminds me of that Stephen King story..."The Long Walk".

These OWSers will probably end up beating each other up before they do 100 miles.

I'm guessing as "explosive" and "successful" as "Bank Transfer Day", in which .013% of the population created accounts with credit unions.

Well, this should be fun to watch.

I wonder how many of these idiots will succeed in walking more than seventeen miles a day for fourteen days straight.
This is a positive thing. At least a handful of these dumbasses realize their protest site was a few hundred miles off. Sure...it took them 2 months to get it, and sure, when the election time roles around they will vote for the same clowns they voted for (the primary recipients of the bank/broker/union blood money they pretend to care so much about) in the past. And at least a handful of stink will leave NY...so...winners all around.

Forrest Gump( OWS): [running] I had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours.
[he stops and turns around]
Young Man Running (NEWS): Quiet, quiet! He's gonna say something!
Forrest Gump (OWS): [pause] I'm pretty tired... I think I'll go home now.

LMAO...I was thinking the very same thing. Glad I read your post before I entered an identical comment.:lol:

If I could take the time off school, which I most certainly cannot, I love backpacking and would be there in a heartbeat. ;)

LMAO...I was thinking the very same thing. Glad I read your post before I entered an identical comment.:lol:

your welcome, good minds think alike.

I just couldn't resist. Wonder if it ever occurred to them that they could take a bus/train/car and get to DC a lot quicker. Oh wait, they may not have money because of the evil 1%, they don't have a car because of the evil 1%. Oh wait, they have money, but they deposited it all into Wells Fargo Bank instead of a Credit Union. OWS folks are now confused on how to retrieve their money without fees.

Sweet, they are not gonna do this till wednesday....I am going there with a buddy on Tues, after my wife gets out of work.

Why are they going to walk? Didn't they get, like 500,000 dollars? I would HAVE to think that with that kinda cash, they could gray hound every single protester, in every single city, to DC. I mean, normally, it's 60 bucks, and it'll get you anywhere other than Hawaii or Alaska...and I have to imagine that Gray Hound would give them some sort of group rate....

Another thought....WHERE are they going to be walking? I mean, it's not as if they can stroll down the interstate...anyone who has ever run a marathon in or around Manhattan knows that you don't simply "walk" out of New York...

I can probably get Goldman Sachs to sponsor them - some T-shirts & hats; mebbe a nice big banner.

And some prepaid hot dog carts.

Big Al

I expect a few will end up as road kill. I honestly think they think the rules don't apply to them so they will wander out into traffic. Big trucks can't stop real fast.

Back
Top Bottom