• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CEOs' golden parachute exit packages pass $100 million

lpast

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The golden parachute is evolving into the platinum kiss.

Scores of CEOs depart the corner office with huge exit packages. But recent deals — making retiring executives newly minted $100 million (and up) men — are raising eyebrows even among those accustomed to oversized payouts.
The latest execs who will cash in as they step aside: Nabors Industries' former CEO, Gene Isenberg, due $126 million when he exits as chairman, and IBM CEO Sam Palmisano, due $170 million. They follow Google's Eric Schmidt, who received $100 million in stock after leaving as CEO.
Worth it or not, the trio underscore the pay inequity that has made Corporate America's elite ripe targets of populist movements such as Occupy Wall Street. Moreover, their paydays draw fresh wrath from corporate governance experts.

CEOs' golden parachutes pass $100 million

and they wonder why the middleclass and working class are PISSED Off

And it is your job to determine what another individual makes? What's the end game here?

I hope one of those lucky guys adopts me.

They follow Google's Eric Schmidt, who received $100 million in stock after leaving as CEO.
....and they wonder why the middleclass and working class are PISSED Off

What!? TurtleDude tells everyone, every single day on this forum that the middle class and working class that are pissed off, are just envious. People keep denying it and saying he's a broken record, etc., and then you come and write that!?! :doh

And it is your job to determine what another individual makes? What's the end game here?

Its not my job...but I can damn sure post it and have most people realize how disgustingly overpaid they are...and how they are milking this country dry....mark these words KSU...everyone is going to sick of this crap...investors alike...this is just absurdly overboard.....if you dont see it that way...thats fine..:)

What!? TurtleDude tells everyone, every single day on this forum that the middle class and working class that are pissed off, are just envious. People keep denying it and saying he's a broken record, etc., and then you come and write that!?! :doh

Well Gloria Allred and Turtledude are "ENTITLED" to make that kind of money....:lamo:lamo:lamo

The golden parachute is evolving into the platinum kiss.

Scores of CEOs depart the corner office with huge exit packages. But recent deals — making retiring executives newly minted $100 million (and up) men — are raising eyebrows even among those accustomed to oversized payouts.
The latest execs who will cash in as they step aside: Nabors Industries' former CEO, Gene Isenberg, due $126 million when he exits as chairman, and IBM CEO Sam Palmisano, due $170 million. They follow Google's Eric Schmidt, who received $100 million in stock after leaving as CEO.
Worth it or not, the trio underscore the pay inequity that has made Corporate America's elite ripe targets of populist movements such as Occupy Wall Street. Moreover, their paydays draw fresh wrath from corporate governance experts.

CEOs' golden parachutes pass $100 million

and they wonder why the middleclass and working class are PISSED Off

If you don't own stock in the company, why do you care? In fact, if you don't own stock in the company, how is it any of your business?

Good for them! Only in America can someone rise to those heights.

Its not my job...but I can damn sure post it and have most people realize how disgustingly overpaid they are...and how they are milking this country dry....mark these words KSU...everyone is going to sick of this crap...investors alike...this is just absurdly overboard.....if you dont see it that way...thats fine..:)

I would love to hear how they're milking the country dry. Surely, you don't believe that if they got paid less, that the working stiffs would get paid more.

and the problem is overpaid teachers and firefighters.

lol

right.

Back
Top Bottom