• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What characteristics does Rick Perry have in common with a Ponzi scheme?

What characteristics does Rick Perry have in common with a Ponzi Scheme?

• Both are frauds

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Swindling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • failure in the end

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • none of the above

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Seriously ... I probably would not vote for Romney (yet good for him) for being patriotic and cerebral enough on economics to understand and speak intelligently of Ponzi Schemes. He is intelligent and seemingly patriotic by distant observation.

Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme. Social Security invests its money in treasury notes. ( I do have separate issue regarding the FR and treasury) ... yet no more than other means of investment.

In fact, the only thing Social Security even remotely has in common with a Ponzi scheme is that Social Security pays benefits out of current receipts.

What else $ pays out of current receipts ... life insurance and auto insurance.

Lets see corporate dividends pay out of current receipts and 401k and IRA disbursements.

... and your pay check if you are employed ... !

Last edited:
Rick-Perry-Social-Security-Ponzi-front-480x350-1.jpg

Romney won that debate!

Seriously ... I probably would not vote for Romney (yet good for him) for being patriotic and cerebral enough on economics to understand and speak intelligently of Ponzi Schemes. He is intelligent and seemingly patriotic by distant observation.

Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme. Social Security invests its money in treasury notes. ( I do have separate issue regarding the FR and treasury) ... yet no more than other means of investment.

In fact, the only thing Social Security even remotely has in common with a Ponzi scheme is that Social Security pays benefits out of current receipts.

What else $ pays out of current receipts ... life insurance and auto insurance.

Lets see corporate dividends pay out of current receipts and 401k and IRA disbursements.

... and your pay check if you are employed ... !

I think you meant to ask:

What characteristics does Rick Perry's view of Social Security have in common with a Ponzi Scheme?
It's really difficult to know, but it's safe to say he doesn't know what a Ponzi scheme is.

I think you meant to ask:

It's really difficult to know, but it's safe to say he doesn't know what a Ponzi scheme is.

Because I was being a bit sarcastic on RP I chose my words carefully and it was intentional ... my semantics.

However, you are correct on both points ... the grammar and possibly Perry. It is either intentional deceit and grandstanding or he is confounded by basic economic understanding.

Either way ... Romney nailed Perry.

I do not know Perry, so what ever I say is opinion based on his TV appearances and what others have said.
IMO, he is NOT a fraud.
no vote....
Social security is a good program, but needs tweaking, as do many other things.
We need much better Congressmen....not tea-baggers.

Back
Top Bottom