• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pakistan could "pull troops from Afghan border" if U.S. cuts aid

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan could pull back troops fighting Islamist militants near the Afghan border if the United States cuts off aid, the defense minister said on Tuesday in an interview with Pakistani media.
The United States Monday said it would hold back $800 million -- a third of nearly $2 billion in security aid to Pakistan -- in a show of displeasure over Pakistan's removal of U.S. military trainers, limits on visas for U.S. personnel and other bilateral irritants.
"If at all things become difficult, we will just get all our forces back," Defense Minister Ahmed Mukhtar said in an interview with the Express 24/7 television to be aired later on Tuesday.
The television aired excerpts of the interview Tuesday.
"If Americans refuse to give us money, then okay," he said. "I think the next step is that the government or the armed forces will be moving from the border areas. We cannot afford to keep military out in the mountains for such a long period."

Pakistan could "pull troops from Afghan border" if U.S. cuts aid - Yahoo! News

Pure extortion. We should pull our funds immediately, and tell these jack wagons to pound sand. They hid bin Laden for years, and are not our friends.

j-mac

Keep the funds and re-divert them to our soil. At this time in our history we need to take of our own filthy house first.

Pure extortion. We should pull our funds immediately, and tell these jack wagons to pound sand. They hid bin Laden for years, and are not our friends.

j-mac

Didn't they also arrest those who helped us get Bin Laden? I mean, we know where their true loyalities lie. They're biggest thing is that they're a nuclear power and that's what really stops a lot of people from giving them their dues. But I don't see why we should be spending money on these terrorist loving assholes when in America we're suffing from this recession still.

I hate our position concerning Pakistan. No matter what we do, we end up losing somehow. We give them money, they use it against us. We take away money, they help terrorists more. We invade them, we get bogged down again.We nuke them, we look bad. Pakistan's going to get a karmic bi**h-slap soon, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom