• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Expense of fake Democrats in primaries will top $400,000

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Here you go, these "fiscal" consevatives say they are all for saving the taxpayers money, when it's all about power. What's $428K of the taxpayers money, when you're seeking power.

Madison - A plan by Republicans to run fake Democratic candidates in this summer's recall elections would cost taxpayers upward of $428,000, according to election clerks.

In one Senate district alone, the cost would top $100,000, interviews with county and municipal clerks show.

Even if Republicans back off their plans in some of the districts, taxpayers are all but guaranteed to have to pay the costs of the primary, because Democrats now plan to run multiple candidates in order to guarantee all the recall elections are held on the same day. Tuesday is the filing deadline.

Recall elections for six Republican senators are scheduled for July 12. But if there are multiple candidates from the same party in any of those elections, the July 12 election becomes a primary, with a general recall election to follow on Aug. 9.

Expense of fake Democrats in primaries will top $400,000 - JSOnline

Seems a small price to pay to save the state from devastation that comes from the wasteful spending of millions by fiscally irresponsible Democrats.

Obama is living prove that Liberals don't learn from their mistakes, and if that isn't enough to convince you look at my State of California. The dumb-ass voters here put Brown the clown back in office and he is doing what ever it takes to pay the unions back for putting him in office and to hell with the rest of the State.

We are now helping Texas prosper with businesses that are fleeing because the idiots in office think you can tax and regulate like mag men and everything will be fine. Well it is fine for business as soon as they leave the State.

Texans I'm sure are happy because it means good jobs, and they have no income tax on top of that.

Spending thousands to save millions and keep Liberals out of office sounds like a classic win, win to me.

Last edited:
Right wing hypocrisy knows no bounds. They can justify anything in the name of their ideology, their belief system, their glorious principles handed down by right wing think tanks and molders of extremist opinion. Its disgusting.

We are now helping Texas prosper with businesses that are fleeing because the idiots in office think you can tax and regulate like mag men and everything will be fine. Well it is fine for business as soon as they leave the State.

Texans I'm sure are happy because it means good jobs, and they have no income tax on top of that.

Prospering is a high poverty rate? High uninsured rate? Terribly ranked school system?

You call that prospering?

How much does holding a recall election cost? How much did it cost the state when the congress hid out and avoided their elected duties? NOW you extremist liberals are concerned about fiscal responsibility??? :lamo:lamo:lamo

Here you go, these "fiscal" consevatives say they are all for saving the taxpayers money, when it's all about power. What's $428K of the taxpayers money, when you're seeking power.

Expense of fake Democrats in primaries will top $400,000 - JSOnline

How much are the current protests by the unions costing the state? I know the last protests costs the state nearly $10 million in clean-up and increased security costs. The unions were pushing the democrats to do the same thing - running fake republicans in the republican primaries. So, using your logic, I can only assume that the unions must only be worried about power and are more then happy to cost tax payers multiple millions of dollars.

The 500k pales in comparison. As I said in the last post on this subject, I think it's a fairly small price to pay to ensure that both sides have the opportunity to campaign.

Last edited:
Right wing hypocrisy knows no bounds. They can justify anything in the name of their ideology, their belief system, their glorious principles handed down by right wing think tanks and molders of extremist opinion. Its disgusting.

Republicans adopt a Liberal tactic and suddenly there is something wrong. That is the height of hypocrisy.

All the Liberals have to do is think about someone other than themselves and Union thugs they serve and try for once in their sorry live to be fiscally responsible and everyone will benefit.

A rising tide lefts all boats.

Prospering is a high poverty rate? High uninsured rate? Terribly ranked school system?

With one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country, I would say they're propsering more than most states.

With one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country, I would say they're propsering more than most states.

I guess prospering means two different things to us. To me to be prosperous means not living below the poverty line, not being uninsured, and having a highly ranked education system.

I guess prospering means two different things to us. To me to be prosperous means not living below the poverty line, not being uninsured, and having a highly ranked education system.

I think alot of that has to do with the make-up of the population. Texas, being right on the border, has high incidence of illegal immigrants and ESOL students, both of which will negatively affect the measurements you are placing the most importance on. One of the ways to improve those measurements are through better imigration enforcement on the federal level. So, I guess we can just blame Obama for many of texas's issues.

I think alot of that has to do with the make-up of the population. Texas, being right on the border, has high incidence of illegal immigrants and ESOL students, both of which will negatively affect the measurements you are placing the most importance on. One of the ways to improve those measurements are through better imigration enforcement on the federal level. So, I guess we can just blame Obama for many of texas's issues.

Oh great the excuse mill start running.:roll:

Yes, because we know that ALL conservatives everywhere condone and support this nonsense, right PB? I mean, YOU would never lie to us...

Left wing hypocrisy knows no bounds. They can justify anything in the name of their ideology, their belief system, their glorious principles handed down by left wing think tanks and molders of extremist opinion. Its disgusting.

See? Anyone can do it! :rofl:

How much does holding a recall election cost? How much did it cost the state when the congress hid out and avoided their elected duties? NOW you extremist liberals are concerned about fiscal responsibility??? :lamo:lamo:lamo

excellent points.

How much IS the recall election tally in Wisconcin? Does anyone have the numbers?

Oh great the excuse mill start running.:roll:

Ah. It's completely my fault. I forgot that facts don't matter when discussing things that might make conservatives look bad.

And the cost of a real Democrat winning an election is going to be much much more than $400,000 :ssst:

It's the illegal aliens that push those numbers up. But don't let facts interfere with your ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom