• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator Rand Paul slams GOP for blocking efforts to amend PATRIOT Act

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Freshman Republican Senator Rand Paul (KY) lashed out at the leadership of his own party, blaming them for preventing debate on the extension of the PATRIOT Act, which the Senate passed Thursday.

“I’ve been working for two long days filibustering the PATRIOT Act in hopes that we can have a constitutional debate over certain provisions of it and we can try to reform it to take away some of the encroachments on our freedoms,” Paul told CNN.

“Unfortunately, what we’re finding now is that the Democrats have agreed to allow me to have amendments but my own party is refusing to allow me to debate or present my amendments.”

Senator Rand Paul slams GOP for blocking efforts to amend PATRIOT Act | The Raw Story

Once again Rand is one of the very few sane voices in the Senate. Its ****ing sad

While I disagree with Rand Paul on most issues, I have to give him credit for being one of the few actually whose actions are actually consistent with his rhetoric.

While I disagree with Rand Paul on most issues, I have to give him credit for being one of the few actually whose actions are actually consistent with his rhetoric.

Yes I agree hes consistently nuts like his father :)...look in his eyes

Agree with Rand here, not only in his disappointment but in his METHOD.

Instead of going for an all or nothing approach similar to what it seems his father has tried, or what some libertarians call for, he's taking the far more sensible approach of stripping out the questionable parts and leaving the large hunking majority of the law that is good legislation in place. I hope he succeeds.

Back
Top Bottom