View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 85 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #841
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That's cool. I just think some parades are a little much. In some cities you could see people walking around bare ass naked. At one parade I went to, there were a few men engaging in some sexual acts in public. I think they tend to be a lot better in more conservative cities.
    Yeah. I've seen some video. Not exactly a family affair. And not the stuff found in network footage of these events.

  2. #842
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That's cool. I just think some parades are a little much. In some cities you could see people walking around bare ass naked. At one parade I went to, there were a few men engaging in some sexual acts in public. I think they tend to be a lot better in more conservative cities.
    I know what you mean, some people have very different standards of behaviour. I haven't got a problem with showing a bit of ass flesh, you'll see worse on the average Mediterranean beach, but carrying out sex acts in public is icky no matter who does it. I've never seen that on London, Manchester, Amsterdam or Berlin pride marches, and you couldn't really class any of those as 'conservative' cities.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #843
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I know what you mean, some people have very different standards of behaviour. I haven't got a problem with showing a bit of ass flesh, you'll see worse on the average Mediterranean beach, but carrying out sex acts in public is icky no matter who does it. I've never seen that on London, Manchester, Amsterdam or Berlin pride marches, and you couldn't really class any of those as 'conservative' cities.
    It may be a lot different in Europe. The worst was in California. Unfortunately the exhibitionism and vulgarity of those few is broadcast over the internet like it is representative of every gay pride parade in the country.

  4. #844
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Does your religion allow homosexual intercourse?
    Define homosexual intercourse.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #845
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Huhhhh, what if one doesn't believe "that the bible is divinely inspired" AS I DO.

    Why can't this topic be held to human standards? Nobody in the forum is supernatural.

    Bringing in religious beliefs is like me playing a Ouija Board and claiming that that is some a root source of universal truths and moral standards.

    In my opinion, there is no proof that any scripture, regarding any topic it address, or is of a supernatural origin.

    The bible's content is basically stories that are used as a type of instrument used to create some moral foundation. I suggest that had there been no bible or related religions...humanity would have created very sound moral standards and laws.

    As the famous Dennis Hopper would say, "Keep it real, man!"
    The information I provided was a response/reaction to the religious argument against homosexuality and SSM, only. It has nothing to do with any non-religious argument.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #846
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    It's true that some straight couples don't, or can't procreate. But when two opposite sex partners mate with the intent to make a baby, the odds are in their favor because their copulation is natural. When two same sex partners do it, there is NO CHANCE of making a baby because their copulation is unnatural.

    It's the fact that opposite sex partners have the right equipment that makes it "natural".

    The truth is inescapable.
    And this is irrelevant since the desire for procreation is neither a determinant for sexual orienatation nor marriage.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #847
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are confusing an act with an orientation. Just thought I would mention it before CC did.

    By the way, I am a child of a gay person. ~1/3 of all lesbians have given birth, and about 1/4 of gay men have fathered children.
    You're just lucky I've been very busy at work this week.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #848
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not again true. My numbers go to support "To promote the health of the population" if we go by my numbers and the resulting AIDS info, I am absolutly correct.
    And again, you draw an inaccurate conclusion from the numbers. AIDS is not an issue of homosexuality. It is an issue of unsafe sex and IV drug use. Your perception is inaccurately sterotypical. SSM poses no health risks and the state has no reason to not sanction it.

    You did not look at the relatively high numbers with homosexual vs heterosexual did you? Then you just flat out say I am wrong?
    You made an anectotal statement. I made an anectodal statement. Yours has the same value as mine. You say your right. I say I'm right. We've now cancelled each other out.

    And yet the logical numbers who have no wrong or right say I am stating my position accurately and you are not.
    There are other "logical numbers" that say the opposite.

    Do I have to name BDboop? Criticalthought? Redress? I mean please man, be real.
    Good. CT I agree with. BDB and Redress attacking Christians? Not at all.

    I don't remember you ever posting it, I could be wrong. I have on the other hand seen you mention it MANY times. So I figure you are not willing to exchange the same courtesy, no problem.
    I have about 6 bookmarked posts that I present in SSM threads every few months when these issues come up. I mention them a bit because lots of folks who frequent these threads have seen them. When requested, if someone hasn't seen them, I ALWAYS post them.

    Yet what I observe is dismissed out of hand? We have a word for this.
    My observation is shared by quite a few folks around here. Your observation is not. Further, my observation is easily testable by reading my posts. Yours is not. The burden of proof is on you since your observation cannot be investigated by folks here.

    You quoted what AN interpretation is as you yourself said "Probably" and then post nothing about any evidence for "prostitution," none.
    I certainly did.

    No I did not because homosexual sex was still outlawed and it said nothing about it being prostitution.
    Anal sex was prohibited BECAUSE it related to Pagan rituals of the time. This is a specific restriction.

    As an example of an accurate translation AND it backing up the NT which it does.
    Your translation was incorrect and faulty as I proved. A faulty translation cannot back up the NT.

    The NT was always part of my argument???? You took one part out of one post and then got it wrong and still could not prove homosexual sex is not a sin.
    I proved that homosexuality was not a sin. I proved that under certain conditions, because of situations of the time certain sex acts (anal sex) where considered rituallistically unclean. I understand that this prevents you from using Leviticus as a religious reason to see homosexuality as wrong... unless you continue to believe an incorrect translation. And from what I saw, the NT was not part of your argument.

    #1 I was not showen wrong.
    Yes, you were.

    #2 It was part of a larger discussion that you did not take part in.
    If it happened in this thread, I was here.

    #3 The translation I put forward is accurate and you have yet to show were it "probably" says they only meant "prostitution."
    Your translation is inaccurate. I already pointed out how the word "abomination" is NOT what was meant. I demonstrated, based on the section of the Bible Leviticus 18:22 was in and the issues of the time, what was meant... along with Hebrew traditions, the use of wording, and accurate translations. At this point, you only have the NT to fall back on. If you want to use that, more power to you. Your religion, your beliefs. Using Leviticus would be failure, however, unless you choose to use a translation that does not reflect what was written.

    Well lets see since you seem to all of a sudden have forgotten English...

    "If you call yourself a Christian, you should know the holy book your religion is based on."

    If: 1. in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that: Sing if you want to.

    OK so we are setting that the condition is of someone calling themselves a Christian. They should know the holy book of said religion.

    You are starting to sound like Bill Clinton on the stand.
    Seems like you have forgotten the meanings of pronouns. I will highlight the important words:

    "If you call yourself a Christian, you should know the holy book your religion is based on."

    You posted towards ME. Who else does "you" refer to?

    It has everything to do with it as I pointed out in the statements in red you ignored. When you jump into the middle of a conversation it is amazing how much you miss.
    If you are talking about the "background noise" issue, that's why I'm asking for clarification. If you are talking about something else, I've been in the converstation from the beginning.

    You have got to be kidding me. Please point out where in the Bible it EVER used the term "wife" for anything other than a female?
    If those who translated the bible can mess up on a word like abomination, they could have messed up on other words.

    You have not taken anything away from me. Anal sex is a sin.
    In the context of the time regarding Pagan rituals with male prostitutes.

    Anal sex is a large part of homosexuality.
    Very poor logic. Anal sex is a behavior. Homosexuality is an orientation. Not all homosexuals practice anal sex. Some heterosexual practice anal sex. Your point on this is invalid.

    So please explain what you have taken away again? Or in context did you end up backing up my point?
    I have now removed Leviticus from it being used as a relgious weapon against homosexuality. Now, you can continue to use your inaccurate translation, but if you do, you must ask yourself why you are using something that is inaccurate.

    They are completely the same. You are trying to say because they said only anal sex, somehow this does not apply. Wow.
    I'll explain it again. Anal sex is a behavior. Homosexuality is an orientation. Not all homosexuals practice anal sex. Some heterosexual practice anal sex. This is why your position on this is invalid.

    So you still got nothing. I got it.
    Nope. You want to hold onto the NT, fine. The OT can no longer work for you unless you want to hold onto an inaccurate translation.

    Ahh no.
    Ahh, yes.

    Oh I get it. If your "observations" are not "global" it's OK. If mine are it's not.

    No problem.

    it's what I did.
    Faith is an individual issue. Your belief in how faith and logic work and the examples you used is YOURS.

    Leviticus does not change. I have shown this with your help. I don't need to do anything else.
    Your denial is impressive. Of course I showed the accurate translation/interpretation of Leviticus. You do not want to accept it because of the cognative dissonance it causes. I understand that you have believed that homosexuality is a sin based on those two passages for a long time and giving that up, even in the face of accurate translations is not something that you want to do. Doesn't change the fact that you are holding onto a belief based on an inaccurate translation/interpretation. You can certainly do that, if you wish.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #849
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Oh, I see.

    That's the reason gays are so anxious to prove that gay sex is natural. If proven (unlikely) then they can claim the right to SSM.
    You already proved that homosexuality is natural... right from the definition you posted. I am glad to hear that you now support SSM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #850
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    It looks like your attempt to prove gay sex is natural has failed, and so now it's "who am I to deny them that right". Nice switcheroo!

    I'll tell you why.

    It will make the gay life seem valid and respectable. It's what you're after, isn't it? Validity and respectability, and acceptance?

    That's why.
    No, you already PROVED that "gay sex" is natural... and I thank you for that. So, it is good to see, based on that, that you now see the gay life as being valid and respectable.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •