View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I don't buy it. As I have said before, you believe the Bible is infallible. You believe your personal interpretation of the Bible is infallible. You believe your actions that you base on your personal interpretation of the Bible is infallible. And hence, you believe you are infallible. At what point do you not believe you are infallible?
    Ha, that is your perception, CriticalThought. Your feelings. Can perceptions and feelings bescientifically proven?

    I remember a quote once that stated the Greek created logic, yet weren't fooled by it. Whatever could this mean?

  2. #72
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Social norms are absolute?

    No. No, they are not.

    Society can feel to do whatever it wants.

    Why should polygamists and incestic people care for your belief in normality? Oh hoh, are you bigoted, perhaps?

    ...
    I assume you are responding to me. Strawman. Where did I Indicate that social norms are absolute??? I don't know what you imagined that I said about polygamy or incest either.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Well you could if you define them in a measurable way.
    Ha, measured by what, CriticalThought? "Normal" societal feelings?

  4. #74
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Ha, that is your perception, CriticalThought. Your feelings. Can perceptions and feelings bescientifically proven?

    I remember a quote once that stated the Greek created logic, yet weren't fooled by it. Whatever could this mean?
    Let's see.

    Do you believe the Bible is infallible?
    Do you believe your interpretation of the Bible is infallible?
    Do you believe your actions, which you base on your interpretation of the Bible, are infallible?

    Be careful how you answer, because if you answer "no" to any of them, then your argument is reduced down to just your personal opinion. If you answer "yes" to all of them, then you demonstrate that you believe you are infallible.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    A near complete consensus.
    Nearly 100% of people do not want non defensive killing to be legal.

    They own their body and they want to preserve it.
    That makes them correct.
    Consensus and numbers do not equate to absolute scientific fact. Numbers and might do not equate "right".

    There are many societies that allow regulation of other's bodies. Socialistic and communistic regulations on Body Mass Index as one small example. My point is that feelings don't make "right". Societies frequently do affect the bodies of others.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Sin does not exist? None, at all?

    Then why is polygamy and consensual incest between family deemd perverse? What if cousins are incestual? Would you try to stop them?

    If you do not beliee in sin, how, then, can you believe in "wrong"? How does that add up, Cephus, if you equate humans to animals and animals do not regard the term "wrong"?
    Nope, sin does not exist at all. Sin is a religious concept and religion is absurd. Society, however, makes laws and rules under which the people who make up the society agree to obey or suffer the penalty thereof. These rules and laws are subjective, they vary from culture to culture, from people to people and across time. What is legal today may be illegal tomorrow and vice versa. Stop acting like, in order to be valid, a law has to be universal and eternal. That's a ridiculous idea.

    If society decides collectively that polygamy and incest are wrong, for the society, then they decide such. There was a time when it was illegal in the U.S. to marry someone outside of your race. That changed. Today, it's entirely legal and almost universally accepted. Laws change. Times change. Get used to it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Let's see.

    Do you believe the Bible is infallible?
    Do you believe your interpretation of the Bible is infallible?
    Do you believe your actions, which you base on your interpretation of the Bible, are infallible?

    Be careful how you answer, because if you answer "no" to any of them, then your argument is reduced down to just your personal opinion. If you answer "yes" to all of them, then you demonstrate that you believe you are infallible.
    Oh I believe in my belief, but I know it's not correct in the eyes of society and I cannot prove it in the slightest. That's what makes us human. We ALL believe things that we cannot scientifically prove. Is "X" right or wrong"? Is "this" acceptable or no? It's all merely passionate conjecture that cannot be proven.

  8. #78
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Ha, measured by what, CriticalThought? "Normal" societal feelings?
    That would be the point.

    Also you should probably stop saying "scientifically proven" since nothing is ever proven in science. Science deals with probability not absolutes. The more people try to falsify a testable claim, the more likely it becomes that the testable claim is true. It is never "proven" to be true, the probability that it is true just reaches a threshold where it is unlikely to be false.

    It would be nice if people like yourself actually knew what science is.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Consensus and numbers do not equate to absolute scientific fact. Numbers and might do not equate "right".

    There are many societies that allow regulation of other's bodies. Socialistic and communistic regulations on Body Mass Index as one small example. My point is that feelings don't make "right". Societies frequently do affect the bodies of others.
    That's really not important though.

    Gay people don't hurt others by being gay.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    1) Sin is subjective.
    2) Define natural. Based on the definitions that I have seen, it certainly is.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •