View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 76 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #751
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It is if you use it to excuse or explain human behavior. I know what it is, and while he didn't explicitly link it in this instance, you know as well as I that that was the intention.
    Action x is perfectly fine and acceptable because it happens in nature is an appeal to nature fallacy.

    Answering someone's statement that a natural thing is one that exists in nature by showing that said thing exists in nature is not.

    Perhaps my mind reading abilities are subpar to a diviner like yourself, but I see CT replying to the persons statement about things that are "natural", not anything about his intention to use it to say it's okay,

    Hwver, I do know about a fallacy where one creates a fraudulent issue and then makes posts debating said made up issue.......

  2. #752
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    Action x is perfectly fine and acceptable because it happens in nature is an appeal to nature fallacy.

    Answering someone's statement that a natural thing is one that exists in nature by showing that said thing exists in nature is not.

    Perhaps my mind reading abilities are subpar to a diviner like yourself, but I see CT replying to the persons statement about things that are "natural", not anything about his intention to use it to say it's okay,

    Hwver, I do know about a fallacy where one creates a fraudulent issue and then makes posts debating said made up issue.......
    You don't have to be a mind reader or diviner. It's a tactic he uses repeatedly.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #753
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Critical, I stated early on that I knew animals displayed homosexual behavior. So this is nothing new. It only shows that animals engage in unnatural behavior too. Gay lions can’t make babies either.

    In fact, some animals kill and eat their young. Should we then follow suit?

    We are smarter than the animals, and can reason better than they can.

    Sorry, but you failed to make your point.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  4. #754
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Critical, I stated early on that I knew animals displayed homosexual behavior. So this is nothing new. It only shows that animals engage in unnatural behavior too. Gay lions can’t make babies either.

    In fact, some animals kill and eat their young. Should we then follow suit?

    We are smarter than the animals, and can reason better than they can.

    Sorry, but you failed to make your point.
    The only point I was making was that the definition you provided indicated that homosexuality is natural since it occurs in nature. I don't argue that anything is right or wrong simply because it occurs in nature.

  5. #755
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Critical, I stated early on that I knew animals displayed homosexual behavior. So this is nothing new. It only shows that animals engage in unnatural behavior too. Gay lions can’t make babies either.

    In fact, some animals kill and eat their young. Should we then follow suit?

    We are smarter than the animals, and can reason better than they can.

    Sorry, but you failed to make your point.
    The point was that your definition of natural is not the same as his. His definition of natural, as most people's definition, is pretty much anything that occurs in nature is natural, no matter whether it is perceived to be right or wrong, moral or immoral, nor whether everything or everybody on the planet does it or has it.

    He made his point just fine. You just didn't agree with it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #756
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Critical, I stated early on that I knew animals displayed homosexual behavior. So this is nothing new. It only shows that animals engage in unnatural behavior too. Gay lions can’t make babies either.

    In fact, some animals kill and eat their young. Should we then follow suit?

    We are smarter than the animals, and can reason better than they can.

    Sorry, but you failed to make your point.
    So am I crazy, or did you not say that something natural is that which exists in nature.

    Homosexuals exist in nature.

  7. #757
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    That's not CT's definition, that's RamFel's as well

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Natural: existing in, or formed by nature.
    So he defines natural as something existing in nature.

    Its shown to have existed in nature.

    And he then says its still unnatural...showing he was apparently being dishonest when stating his definition he uses for natural it appears.

  8. #758
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That's not CT's definition, that's RamFel's as well



    So he defines natural as something existing in nature.

    Its shown to have existed in nature.

    And he then says its still unnatural...showing he was apparently being dishonest when stating his definition he uses for natural it appears.
    Ah, missed that part. Thanks.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #759
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    No offense Critical, but I figure if you had a REAL argument, you wouldn't have to base your entire case on a definition in a common every day dictionary.

    Tsk tsk tsk.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  10. #760
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No offense Critical, but I figure if you had a REAL argument, you wouldn't have to base your entire case on a definition in a common every day dictionary.

    Tsk tsk tsk.

    Yeah thin air is so much better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •