View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 68 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #671
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is not irrelevant when it has everything to do with the family and the states interest in it. Promiscuity is NOT something that brings a family together.
    I agree. So, let's look at the divorce rate amongst heterosexuals. Since we know that, along with money, infidelity is the leading cause of divorce, we should disallow heterosexual marriage... since this kind of promiscuity does not support the state's interest in family.

    No matter how you cut it, BD, this is another failure of an argument. You cannot prove absolute, you cannot prove causation, and what you state occurs with gays occurs with straights... in MUCH larger raw numbers.

    You would like it to be irrelevant but the facts say different.
    No, the facts demonstrate that it's irrelevant.

    Why? Most are guilty, I am not above calling an ass an ass.
    Most? Oh... I get it. It is OK for you to judge an entire group based on the behaviors of a few. There's a word for that...

    If you don't like it, oh well.
    And everytime you say something so inaccurate, I will point it out. You don't like it? Oh, well.

    This has nothing to do with my comments about background noise as a response to her about it.

    You mite want to read it again.
    Then please re-explain what your "background noise" comment was referring.

    How do you know you are one of the "Most religious" here? I mean did you do a survey? That is an awfully bold statement considering you have no idea what anyones level of religion, faith or belief is.
    From reading what people write and how they write, and knowing my own level of religiousness. I might be wrong, but it's what I observe.

    Your interpretation of God is irrelevant to anyone else's.
    Just as is yours.

    This however does not mean basic tenet's of the Bible that are very clear cannot be stated or made correct. If you call yourself a Christian, you should know the holy book your religion is based on.
    Firstly, I'm not Christian... I'm Jewish. Secondly, in my religion we will reassess religious laws and alter them based on societal changes. Also, the Leviticus passage that most people focus on has, in Judaism, been interpretted to refer to prostitution within the context of homosexuality, NOT homosexuality itself. Now, THAT is my religious tenet and how the Bible has been interpretted by thos of MY religion. What YOUR religion says about it is irrelevant to me, but don't say "clear bible tenets" to me, because YOUR clear tenets are incorrect in my religion... and we use the same bible.

    If you are going to quote me, at least do it in context...
    The remainder of what you said was irrelevant to your comment... all it was, was YOUR perception and belief which has zero to do with logic.

    Faith can be logical. If for example I have witnessed things that have proving God's existence to me, it is no longer faith, but fact. This is very logical for me and many others. - Blackdog

    So again faith can be logical. This is not saying faith IS logic as they are polar opposites. This does not mean that one cannot be grounded in the other as I said and showed an example.
    Logic must stand up to objective testing to be anything other than relative. If you are saying that faith is logical to YOU based on your experiences, I can agree with you. If you are saying that faith, as a general description, is logical, I do not.

    No one is doing this.
    OK.

    My statement was nothing of the sort. We were talking about logical reason for faith. Not proof of anything BY faith.

    Again in context makes a world of difference.
    You need to present it better than. Your opening statement was the problem. I understand what you are saying NOW, but remember, this is relative to the individual.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #672
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Race is not sexual choice. Until someone proves it is something you are born with, it's not the same thing. Homosexuality so far seems to be a combination of internal and external factors. Race is completely out of one's control. So no, not the same.
    Which race of person to be attracted to is as much a sexual choice as which sex to be attracted to. A person's sex/gender is as much out of a person's control as a person's race is.

    I never said race was a choice, I said that the attraction to a certain race or the tendency to be attracted to members of a certain race would be as much of choice as being attracted to members of a certain sex/gender or the tendency of being attracted to members of a certain sex/gender.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It has not been proved that sex is not a choice. I don't believe in some cases it is a choice, but in others I do think it is absolutely a choice.
    Sex/gender is not a choice (unless you are talking about transgendered people and their changing their physical sexual parts to match with the sex/gender they feel they should be). Most homosexuals do not suffer from GID. They should not be forced to change their legal sex/gender to get legally married to someone they love/are attracted to, just as no one should be required to change/pretend to be a different race just to get legally married to someone they love/are attracted to.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #673
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So in other words if I have faith that stealing is OK even though the Bible says no, it's OK because I have faith! I get it now.
    And you call yourself a christian. :P

  4. #674
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    First, both types of attractions would be a choice or not. They are both types of attractions.

    Second, you are wrong. There were states that banned marriages between whites and other races besides just blacks and there were even some that limited marriage to within each race only.

    The Race Against Race | The New Republic


    It all depended on what state anti-miscegenation law we are talking about.
    In reality though, all that was enforced was white/black marriages. Also, being attracted to someone of the same gender is not the same thing as being attracted to someone of a different race. Primarily because "race" doesn't legitimately exist. We are genetically human...there is no sub-species.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #675
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    In reality though, all that was enforced was white/black marriages. Also, being attracted to someone of the same gender is not the same thing as being attracted to someone of a different race. Primarily because "race" doesn't legitimately exist. We are genetically human...there is no sub-species.
    LeBron James and Dwight Howard are next-generation human beings though.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #676
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    In reality though, all that was enforced was white/black marriages. Also, being attracted to someone of the same gender is not the same thing as being attracted to someone of a different race. Primarily because "race" doesn't legitimately exist. We are genetically human...there is no sub-species.
    This is precisely why SSM should be allowed
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #677
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    LeBron James and Dwight Howard are next-generation human beings though.
    Fan-boy.................
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #678
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Fan-boy.................
    not at all, I am Kobe dickrider.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #679
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    This is precisely why SSM should be allowed
    Explain.......
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #680
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    In reality though, all that was enforced was white/black marriages. Also, being attracted to someone of the same gender is not the same thing as being attracted to someone of a different race. Primarily because "race" doesn't legitimately exist. We are genetically human...there is no sub-species.
    Doesn't matter, specific characteristics of a person make them attractive to another person, whether it is skin color, hair color, hair length, facial hair, personality, height, weight, sex/gender, etc. It makes no difference what causes that attraction, whether it is inborn or a choice, because you still haven't given a legitimate reason for why they should be denied marriage based on gender. The only thing that makes two people of the same gender different than two people of the opposite gender is that we know that the two people of the same gender cannot have children together but we still don't know if the two people of the opposite gender can have children together, nor do we know if they want to have children together, nor are any states' marriage laws based on a couple's ability and/or desire to procreate, so that cannot even be considered a factor in denying a person equal access to a marriage license.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •