View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 64 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #631
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I think you meant to poll on homosexual acts. the temptation itself not being any more sinful than any temptation.
    Of course, in accordance with Matthew 5 and 6 (Sermon on the Mount), its not the acts that are the sin, nor the temptation but the heart.

  2. #632
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Gay marriage: Negative social impacts on the U.S. Society?

    What is population percentage of gays in the U.S.? Of that number what would be a likely percentage to marry?

    How many hetero marriages occur where an agreement is made to NOT procreate? Could that number be statistically significant when comparing the total population of gays who obviously can't reproduce during the course of marriage if, of course, marriage was legalized nation-wide?

    Does gay relationships mirror the same dynamics as straights - disregarding physical differences?

  3. #633
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Gay marriage: Negative social impacts on the U.S. Society?

    What is population percentage of gays in the U.S.? Of that number what would be a likely percentage to marry?

    How many hetero marriages occur where an agreement is made to NOT procreate? Could that number be statistically significant when comparing the total population of gays who obviously can't reproduce during the course of marriage if, of course, marriage was legalized nation-wide?

    Does gay relationships mirror the same dynamics as straights - disregarding physical differences?
    I can at least give you the statistics on those couples who are childless by choice.

    Is Childlessness Among American Women On the Rise
    http://www.census.gov/population/www...037/page04.gif

    It seems that even those women who are childless by choice outnumber the reported number of homosexuals.

    And those who are infertile.

    Fertility and Age – Young Women and Fertility and Age
    Infertility Statistics | Infertility Solutions Online

    About the same number of couples (maybe a few percent less) are infertile.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #634
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    See, I disagree with this. I can accept someone saying, "I disagree with homosexuality and SSM because of the tenets of my religion." Nothing wrong with this. I also have no problem with someone voting against SSM for this reason. It's their belief system. My problem always is when they use this belief as a starting off point to PROVE why homosexuality is wrong and/or why SSM should not be legal. These are more global issues and require logic. Faith and logic are two very different animals. As long as you keep them completely separate, there is no issue with using faith to believe in anything. Doesn't mean that faith can be used to demonstrate the logic of something being universal.
    There is nothing wrong with that. However, it is not a logical argument, it is an emotional one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #635
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Jesus made a statement about more than just divorce. You know this but don't want to admit it. The NT and OT both condemn homosexuality, end of story. Twist it however you like but you know the truth in your hart.
    I know that anything anyone says can be quoted out of context to make it mean what they want it to mean. Within the context of what Jesus said, he was talking about divorce when he defined marriage. If Jesus were alive today I have little doubt that he would support same sex marriage, because the purpose of marriage is to form a family and we are much more capable of doing that in this modern era than we would have been in his time. I can look to my own heart and mind to find that answer, I don't have to quote from the Bible in mindless rote.

  6. #636
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nothing to break to me. Please feel free to point out one animal that is human?
    Well.. You for one.. Being called human is meaningless.. We are homosapiens, a very close relative to apes.. We wouldn't be called a feline because we are not cats.. So your point is simply irrelevent.. It has no bearing on homosexuality.. We are just another species of animals.. No more and no less..

    Nature and animals are not a litmus test?? Again, irrelevent.. We are a part of nature and we are animals.. So another moot point from you..

    I read what I see in your post.. Your line of thinking is rather odd.. Why the need to make the distinction that humans are not animals in a conversation about homosexuality..

    The issue of homosexuality has no bearing on our species.. Many species have been shown to exhibit the behavior of homosexuality.. If your claim is to say that homosexuality is natural?? They why make the claim that mankind is somehow different from the rest of nature..

    Sure.. Man has his inventions and intelligence.. That still doesn't seperate us from being an animal and a part of nature.. We don't have the largest brain on the planet.. That honor belongs to the whales.. Which quite possibly could be much smarter than us.. Just because they aren't building cities and polluting the planet and hunting animals to the verge of extinction doesn't make them stupid.. It makes us stupid.. All of our glorious intelligence and we still can't live without killing eachother or the planet in which we live.. Not to mention descriminate or hate someone who is different.. All of our glorious intelligence and some of his are still tethered to the nipple of religion..
    Last edited by DemonMyst; 05-29-11 at 04:21 PM.

  7. #637
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I'm sorry, did I miss that long list of answers to my question:

    Gay marriage: Negative social impacts on the U.S. Society?

    I'm simply trying to understand all of the horrible detrimental fallouts, social backlashes, drops in moral standards in non-homosexual homes or anyplace where the socialization process exists, which will result because of gay marriage in our nation (or elsewhere).

    Since homosexuality has been out of the social closet for about mega bunches of years, how many heteros have come forward to tell their horrid stories of becoming homosexual because of being expose to information about homosexuality?

    How many kids that have been raped by priest and ministers, who would by all knowledge, considered themselves to hetero...and turned homo because of being raped?

    How many have turn homosexual from hearing about kids who have been raped by the clergy?

    Surely something is going to take our nation straight to hell as a result of homosexual and gay marriage. But what is it?

    Yours Truly,

    A Straight White Boy

  8. #638
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Which begs the point. Did he and his wife wait until marriage.
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Did he never "spill his seed on the ground" ever. Never ever?
    This is not a sin (OT does not apply either way) it was a sin because he was supposed to impregnate the women and he did not according to God's command. If you actually read your Bible you would know this.

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And many other questions from the Bible which surely he is living by.
    What part of "we are all sinners" are you missing?

    The difference is I try not to keep repeating the same sins over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #639
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I know that anything anyone says can be quoted out of context to make it mean what they want it to mean.
    Then explain how "a man shall not lie with a man" can be twisted? The laws are very clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Within the context of what Jesus said, he was talking about divorce when he defined marriage.
    Exactly. He defined what it was and what it is supposed to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If Jesus were alive today I have little doubt that he would support same sex marriage, because the purpose of marriage is to form a family and we are much more capable of doing that in this modern era than we would have been in his time. I can look to my own heart and mind to find that answer, I don't have to quote from the Bible in mindless rote.
    So now you speak for God?

    The statements in the Bible say different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #640
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No... it's because that you will not accept that promiscuity is irrelevant to the state's interest because it is not an absolute. Other than that, we agree.

    Of course that is not what I was talking about.
    It is not irrelevant when it has everything to do with the family and the states interest in it. Promiscuity is NOT something that brings a family together.

    You would like it to be irrelevant but the facts say different.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Then limit your "tit-for-tat" silliness to those who are actually bashing Christians.
    Why? Most are guilty, I am not above calling an ass an ass.

    If you don't like it, oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, she is absolutely correct. I have been debating this issue at DP, consistenly, for 5 YEARS. From a logical perspective, I have never seen an anti- position that I could not counter and demolish.
    NEVER. There is none. There are only two reasons that folks are against SSM, either for religious reasons or out of ignorance. Neither have any logic behind them. I respect the former only because if someone believes something is wrong because of their religion, that is their right and belief system. The latter I have no respect for.
    This has nothing to do with my comments about background noise as a response to her about it.

    You mite want to read it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Depends on how one interprets his commands. I happen to be one of the most religious posters at DP. Yet I interpret God very differently than others.
    How do you know you are one of the "Most religious" here? I mean did you do a survey? That is an awfully bold statement considering you have no idea what anyones level of religion, faith or belief is.

    Your interpretation of God is irrelevant to anyone else's. This however does not mean basic tenet's of the Bible that are very clear cannot be stated or made correct. If you call yourself a Christian, you should know the holy book your religion is based on.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    NO. Faith and logic are mutually exclusive.
    If you are going to quote me, at least do it in context...

    Faith can be logical. If for example I have witnessed things that have proving God's existence to me, it is no longer faith, but fact. This is very logical for me and many others. - Blackdog

    So again faith can be logical. This is not saying faith IS logic as they are polar opposites. This does not mean that one cannot be grounded in the other as I said and showed an example.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You cannot use faith to logically prove anything, and you cannot use logic to disprove faith.
    No one is doing this.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    When you make erroneous statements like you did, here, you give militant atheists plenty of fuel.
    My statement was nothing of the sort. We were talking about logical reason for faith. Not proof of anything BY faith.

    Again in context makes a world of difference.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-29-11 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •