View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #621
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It's only because you will not accept that gay men are far more promiscuous than straight men, so the states interest is not represented as I see it.. All your fault. Other than that we agree.
    No... it's because that you will not accept that promiscuity is irrelevant to the state's interest because it is not an absolute. Other than that, we agree.

    Of course that is not what I was talking about.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #622
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You still have not presented one logical argument against SSM. You still continue to blame your position on god, instead of accepting responsibility for your position.
    See, I disagree with this. I can accept someone saying, "I disagree with homosexuality and SSM because of the tenets of my religion." Nothing wrong with this. I also have no problem with someone voting against SSM for this reason. It's their belief system. My problem always is when they use this belief as a starting off point to PROVE why homosexuality is wrong and/or why SSM should not be legal. These are more global issues and require logic. Faith and logic are two very different animals. As long as you keep them completely separate, there is no issue with using faith to believe in anything. Doesn't mean that faith can be used to demonstrate the logic of something being universal.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #623
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because you all continue to bash Christians. Whats good for the goose and all that. A bigot is a bigot no matter how progressive or conservative.
    Then limit your "tit-for-tat" silliness to those who are actually bashing Christians.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #624
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And yet. it still is not. So either you are assuming it is background noise, or you are sadly mistaken. Looking at the Federal laws and the fact a majority of states have amended their constitutions, I would say you need to maybe turn up the volume?
    No, she is absolutely correct. I have been debating this issue at DP, consistenly, for 5 YEARS. From a logical perspective, I have never seen an anti- position that I could not counter and demolish. NEVER. There is none. There are only two reasons that folks are against SSM, either for religious reasons or out of ignorance. Neither have any logic behind them. I respect the former only because if someone believes something is wrong because of their religion, that is their right and belief system. The latter I have no respect for.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #625
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If God exists, would it not be logical to obey his commands? Well he exist for many and it is completely logical whether you want to believe or not.
    Depends on how one interprets his commands. I happen to be one of the most religious posters at DP. Yet I interpret God very differently than others.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #626
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Faith can be logical.
    NO. Faith and logic are mutually exclusive. You cannot use faith to logically prove anything, and you cannot use logic to disprove faith. When you make erroneous statements like you did, here, you give militant atheists plenty of fuel.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #627
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I never could figure out what possible reason god could have in this day and age to give a **** who any one has sex with. At one time, it would make a kind of sense, since he needed his followers to survive(he needed followers to survive himself?) and therefore needed people breeding as much as possible. In today's world however, that does not work. So why would god care?

    Then I remember that bringing logic into religion is guaranteed to be painful.
    I would say that this is MY interpretation of God and HIS words. My religion recognizes this, also.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #628
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    153,358

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Why do they have to be? Do you think everything our government does is moral, or for the good of the people? And ours is a democracy - not a theocracy, or a dictatorship like the governments of the past.
    Nope. But everything the government does is based on morality and social norms of the time.

    Not acknowledging thine iniquity (Jere 3:13) - Power by establishing lack of value in the people

    Afraid to confess Jesus to the people (Jn 12:42) - Spread of empire

    Not becoming as a little child before god (Mt 18:3) - Power through establishing incompetence in the people

    Wearing the clothing of the opposite sex (Deut 22:5) - Fear and bigotry, really. I suppose you could debate this one, but on what grounds other than fear and bigotry?

    Turning to false counsil/fables (2 Tim 4:4) - You can only believe in OUR fairytales (power)!

    Not submitting to the king (all over the place) - Blatant political power.

    Debating (Ro 1:29) - Heh. Just for the lolz. Though I suspect this had to do with not allowing the people the impression of self-empowerment

    Not fearing god (all over the place) Control through fear

    Robbing god by not giving 10% of your income, and offerings (Mal 3:8) - Obvious greed of the Church, and by proxy the government

    Being an effeminate man (Cor 6:9) - Bigotry

    Not being perfect (all over the place) - Impossible goal to inspire shame in the people, look to authority for guidance

    A teacher being called a rabbi (Mt23:8) - Distaining religious competition (the bad guys)

    Not believing (Rec 21:8) - Fiating its own rightness into existance for no reason

    Wives not submitting to their husbands (Eph 5:22) - Continuation of oppression (you can argue morals, but it's no more arguable than the morality of slavery - they did it because they could and they liked the power)

    And there is nothing here that I do not see that is based on morality or social norms of the time. Watch:

    Not acknowledging thine iniquity (Jere 3:13) - It is bad to be judgmental and not acknowledge that. People will think less of you.

    Afraid to confess Jesus to the people (Jn 12:42) - It is good to enourage others to have faith. Society is stronger if people believe (norm of the time... and a way to unite people).

    Not becoming as a little child before god (Mt 18:3) - It is good to have awareness. People will respect you.

    Wearing the clothing of the opposite sex (Deut 22:5) - It is bad to be a transvestite. This supports homosexuality which is bad... as it does nothing to increase the population (belief of the time).

    Turning to false counsil/fables (2 Tim 4:4) - It is good and important to accept laws and rules. Society is stronger.

    Not submitting to the king (all over the place) - It is good and the norm of the time to follow one's leader. Society is stronger.

    Not fearing god (all over the place) It is bad and not the norm of the time to not accept God. This is an excellent example... as this has now changed.

    Robbing god by not giving 10% of your income, and offerings (Mal 3:8) - It is a norm of the time to support the government. Interestingly enough, it is the norm of this time, too.

    Being an effeminate man (Cor 6:9) - It is bad to be gay. Same reason as with transvestites.

    Not being perfect (all over the place) - It is good to strive towards perfection. Not doing so makes you lazy.

    A teacher being called a rabbi (Mt23:8) - This is nothing but the language of the time.

    Not believing (Rec 21:8) - It is good to have faith. This allows one to not be weak (belief of the time).

    Wives not submitting to their husbands (Eph 5:22) - Norm of the time was that women were lessers to men. Society is stronger when there is a hierarchy and a deliniation of positions.

    You are abscribing some nefarious reason to each of these. All they are, are moral tenets that went along with the social norms of the time. And notice... as times have changed, so have those norms, as have laws.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No... it's because that you will not accept that promiscuity is irrelevant to the state's interest because it is not an absolute. Other than that, we agree.

    Of course that is not what I was talking about.
    Which begs the point. Did he and his wife wait until marriage. Did he never "spill his seed on the ground" ever. Never ever? And many other questions from the Bible which surely he is living by.

  10. #630
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,223

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Are nocturnal emissions a sin?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •