View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #441
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Why would you think your sister is going to Hell? Because she's gay? Why would you think that?
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  2. #442
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And what are those standards based on?
    Likely history and sociaity and standards the profession sees as important. Not being a lawyer, my absolute knowledge is limited. However, the point is they are not left up to each individual lawyer, but agreed upon and enforced despite any individual differences.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #443
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know a male gay couple who've been together for 25 years or more. Seems pretty committed to me.
    Conversely I know a ton of married straight people that cheat regularly.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Why would you think your sister is going to Hell? Because she's gay? Why would you think that?
    I don't. If I DID, we wouldn't be as close as we are. She wouldn't have come out to me, nor would she be open with me now.

  5. #445
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Very first gay male couple I ever met was two guys in their 60's who had been together for over 30 years. Considering I met them in the 70's, that was remarkable in alot of ways. Nice guys.
    My neighbors were like that when I was a kid.
    These guys looked like your average joes but they'd been together for a long time.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #446
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Star you have got to be kidding?????
    No, I didn't see that. You've always been against SSM, I would like to see the post where you come out for it.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Conversely I know a ton of married straight people that cheat regularly.
    That's the point I made in frustration earlier today. I don't actually believe that gays getting married can do any more damage to "the institution of marriage" than the straights have already done.

  8. #448
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why are you comparing two unlike situations and trying to draw a conclusion. Hint: straits can get married, which promotes stability, gays cannot. One of us though knows a lot of gay people. They are no more "hedonistic" than straits, and in some ways less.
    Bunk. The ability to get married promotes nothing as we see in modern marriage. The proof is in the pudding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Only one of the posts you link did you say you supported gay marriage, and that is a change in position for you. Your old position was that gays should be able to have civil unions, not marriage, so pardon me for not including posts where you refer to having the same rights as married people.

    It's about gays who want the same rights as married couples. I have no problem with that

    Of course this has little to do with me supporting so <--- Admittedly vague, but that's what I meant.

    I mentioned it more than one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #449
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, I didn't see that. You've always been against SSM, I would like to see the post where you come out for it.
    But I have always supported CU, so why is this so hard for people to see? In fact I mentioned it a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #450
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Conversely I know a ton of married straight people that cheat regularly.
    Sadly, so do I. Of the couples who married from our church back when I married, all freinds, only my wife and I are still married. All the others (5 others) had affairs and divorced. I laugh because we were seen by the pastor as most likley to fail.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •