View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #391
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And this follows along with what I have been saying. If it is a political entity, all laws and edicts are enacted because of the morality of the day. Why was it a sin to be gay? Morals. Even the church, or at least some churches have changed their positions on what is or isn't a sin.
    Why do they have to be? Do you think everything our government does is moral, or for the good of the people? And ours is a democracy - not a theocracy, or a dictatorship like the governments of the past.

    What sins do you think have no personal/social basis?
    Not acknowledging thine iniquity (Jere 3:13) - Power by establishing lack of value in the people

    Afraid to confess Jesus to the people (Jn 12:42) - Spread of empire

    Not becoming as a little child before god (Mt 18:3) - Power through establishing incompetence in the people

    Wearing the clothing of the opposite sex (Deut 22:5) - Fear and bigotry, really. I suppose you could debate this one, but on what grounds other than fear and bigotry?

    Turning to false counsil/fables (2 Tim 4:4) - You can only believe in OUR fairytales (power)!

    Not submitting to the king (all over the place) - Blatant political power.

    Debating (Ro 1:29) - Heh. Just for the lolz. Though I suspect this had to do with not allowing the people the impression of self-empowerment

    Not fearing god (all over the place) Control through fear

    Robbing god by not giving 10% of your income, and offerings (Mal 3:8) - Obvious greed of the Church, and by proxy the government

    Being an effeminate man (Cor 6:9) - Bigotry

    Not being perfect (all over the place) - Impossible goal to inspire shame in the people, look to authority for guidance

    A teacher being called a rabbi (Mt23:8) - Distaining religious competition (the bad guys)

    Not believing (Rec 21:8) - Fiating its own rightness into existance for no reason

    Wives not submitting to their husbands (Eph 5:22) - Continuation of oppression (you can argue morals, but it's no more arguable than the morality of slavery - they did it because they could and they liked the power)

    I could go on, there are hundreds more, but I'm getting bored...

  2. #392
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Ummm... BD... you just attributed something to me that I never said. Was this in error?
    I was replying to Nuke? What I do now, lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #393
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? It is supported by surveys of gay men as well.
    Like I said in my other post. Irrelevant.

    It is not irrelevant to what I said IN CONTEXT of my post. Because that lifestyle in 2% to 10% of a minority population is not in the sates interest.

    So yes it does apply and it is a fact.
    Round and round. That lifestyle is not an absolute, so your point is not logical. The state certainly has an interest in supporting minorities. Therefore, it does not apply.

    It is not in either case. The difference is you are talking about maybe 10% of the 90% majority vs what? 75% of a 10% minority.

    Do the math.
    Again... it's not an absolute. The state has an interest in promoting family and the stability of it's population. SSM certainly does that, and if we use your numbers, 25% of that group certainly is appropriate for it.

    It is not applicable as it was an exaggeration to a statement of indisputable fact in the case of gay men.
    It is not a fact. You are AGAIN talking in absolutes.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #394
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I was replying to Nuke? What I do now, lol?
    I have NO idea how you did that. Weird, though.

    Pretty cool that I'm disagreeing with you on one point and agreeing with you on another, in the same thread, isn't it?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #395
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I do love the lengths that some people will go avoid admitting they find gays icky and so don't want them to marry. "It's not me, it's the bible." "It's not me, it's morality." "I have nothing against them, I just don't want them to be able to do stuff."
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #396
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I have NO idea how you did that. Weird, though.

    Pretty cool that I'm disagreeing with you on one point and agreeing with you on another, in the same thread, isn't it?
    It's only because you will not accept that gay men are far more promiscuous than straight men, so the states interest is not represented as I see it.. All your fault. Other than that we agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #397
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do love the lengths that some people will go avoid admitting they find gays icky and so don't want them to marry. "It's not me, it's the bible." "It's not me, it's morality." "I have nothing against them, I just don't want them to be able to do stuff."
    This. Honestly, I may respect them a little more if they'd just say they don't like gay people. I'd still think they were bigots, but I'd respect them more.

  8. #398
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do love the lengths that some people will go avoid admitting they find gays icky and so don't want them to marry. "It's not me, it's the bible." "It's not me, it's morality." "I have nothing against them, I just don't want them to be able to do stuff."
    You left out "calling and pushing opinions as facts" but I agree 100%.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  9. #399
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    This. Honestly, I may respect them a little more if they'd just say they don't like gay people. I'd still think they were bigots, but I'd respect them more.
    Man people don't read.

    This has nothing to do with liking or disliking anyone. It has to do with the God you believe in saying it is wrong. How hard is that a concept to understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #400
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Man people don't read.

    This has nothing to do with liking or disliking anyone. It has to do with the God you believe in saying it is wrong. How hard is that a concept to understand?
    It's fairly easy to see some one saying "the buck stops over there, with god. It's not my fault I want to keep people from doing something perfectly reasonable in the secular world, god told me I had to".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •