View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #371
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I been saying it a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #372
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My statement was not absolute, if you read it I was talking about a majority yes, but not all gay men.
    Yet, you are basing this on nothing but your own experiences. The majority of what you've seen, I can agree with. Still, from a logical standpoint, it does not support an anti-SSM position. If it is your moral position on this, then it does.

    The last part about club med is funny if not applicable.
    So, you would support banning straight marriage based on the hedonistic activities of people there?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #373
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    In your secular opinion, not mine.
    Legal marriage is what it is. It isn't an opinion, it can be shown to be true for how the law treats those in a legal marriage. It doesn't matter what either of our personal views on marriage are for us to see what legal marriage is currently from a strictly legal viewpoint.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Other marriages don't have to be, they are already legal and in the states best interest as they are the majority.
    All laws must be consistant with the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment, which judges people based on their similar situations for the law and how it is applied. So, if we look at how the law applies to opposite sex couples, then we have to see what exactly makes all same sex couples different from all opposite sex couples. The only answer to that is the sex of those involved in the relationship, since opposite sex couples who cannot have children with each other and/or do not want to produce/raise children with each are still allowed to get legally married. And homosexuals can still be legally married, as long as they are married to someone of a different sex, just like heterosexuals/asexuals/bisexuals who wish to be married to a person of the same sex (for whatever reason) are being denied entry into this legal contract as well.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #374
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,168

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Your position is what is absurd, not mine. Men in general will **** anything that moves in most cases, this is a fact. Take away the female reserve and what do you get? My friend you are making absurd statements that literally have nothing to do with my true statements, period.

    The rest is not worth responding to. Nothing but knee jerk reactions that have little barring to me or my views.
    I'm sure men are happy to know you basically think they're dumb animals. Nice.

    Gender stereotypes are fun.

  5. #375
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,168

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Sin didn't just develop out of thin air. It came from SOMEWHERE.
    Yes. It came from religious authority, for the purpose of serving religious authority.

  6. #376
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    I'm sure men are happy to know you basically think they're dumb animals. Nice.

    Gender stereotypes are fun.
    Ha! Not only does he think it, he claims his false opinion is fact.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  7. #377
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Yes. It came from religious authority, for the purpose of serving religious authority.
    And religious authority saw these sins as the morality of the day.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #378
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,168

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And religious authority saw these sins as the morality of the day.
    What makes you think that? The history of Christianity certainly doesn't suggest it. Compiling the Bible with and without certain books was a political action. Christianity was a political entity, beyond simply being a religion, for centuries.

    While it may be true for some sins, it is certainly not for others, which are quite clearly for the sake of power. Some of them even have an ethical debt, if anything. Some of them are specifically designed to designate the common enemy - something every powerful institution does. Like I said, there is no ethos upon which sin is based.

  9. #379
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yet, you are basing this on nothing but your own experiences.
    What am I supposed to base it on, your life experience?

    Show me just 1 survey of homosexual men that the majority were not having sex with allot of partners far above the heterosexual statistic. I looked, can't find one. Found a couple that said the opposite.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The majority of what you've seen, I can agree with. Still, from a logical standpoint, it does not support an anti-SSM position. If it is your moral position on this, then it does.
    Who is anti-SSM? Not me. Did you read my post???

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    So, you would support banning straight marriage based on the hedonistic activities of people there?
    Where did you come up with that? Are you reading what I posted????
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #380
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    What makes you think that? The history of Christianity certainly doesn't suggest it. Compiling the Bible with and without certain books was a political action. Christianity was a political entity, beyond simply being a religion, for centuries.
    And this follows along with what I have been saying. If it is a political entity, all laws and edicts are enacted because of the morality of the day. Why was it a sin to be gay? Morals. Even the church, or at least some churches have changed their positions on what is or isn't a sin.

    While it may be true for some sins, it is certainly not for others, which are quite clearly for the sake of power. Some of them even have an ethical debt, if anything. Some of them are specifically designed to designate the common enemy - something every powerful institution does. Like I said, there is no ethos upon which sin is based.
    What sins do you think have no personal/social basis?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •