View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #351
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I never said it was anything other than my opinion?



    See above post.



    You read my post and start jumping to really bad conclusions. You are making assumptions that are have nothing to do with anything I stated.

    Please point out where I said...

    Should we eliminate straight marriage because of them?

    It is a fact gay men are more promiscuous, and not by a little. I mean they are men.
    Here's the problem, BD. You are stating that SSM is not in the state's interest because of the hedonistic gay lifestyle. That is an absolute statement.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #352
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Here's the thing, I think it is morally wrong, to try and tell people by law what they should do with their own bodies, besides from physically harming themselves(things like cutting, suicide). Why should there be a law banning anal sex, masturbation, oral sex, sex outside of marriage?
    And that is your opinion. It is fine but if this were the case under US law prostitution would be legal as well as drug use, they are not. So we most certainly can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #353
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Here's the problem, BD. You are stating that SSM is not in the state's interest because of the hedonistic gay lifestyle. That is an absolute statement.
    And I stand by that statement in the case of gay men. It is not a stereo type, it is true, they are men, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #354
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    No, they really aren't. Morality is obligated to rest on those fairly objective grounds of harm/help. If it doesn't, we have other names for baseless claims of morality.
    Morality is not under any obligation to be objective. That's not what morality is. Morality is relative to the individual, or society. IT defines it.

    Sin has no such requirement. There is no common thread linking the ethics of sin together. Some sins have no ethical basis at all. Some could be considered counter-ethical.
    Sure there is. Just like morality, sin is subjective. The ethics of sin are the same as the ethics of morality, based on the individual or society.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #355
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Morality is not under any obligation to be objective. That's not what morality is. Morality is relative to the individual, or society. IT defines it.



    Sure there is. Just like morality, sin is subjective. The ethics of sin are the same as the ethics of morality, based on the individual or society.
    Erthics are agreed up on standards. Law ethics for example, in which lawyers go before the law board, are those standards lawyers agree to and not their own personal standards.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #356
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,154

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And I stand by that statement in the case of gay men. It is not a stereo type, it is true, they are men, lol.
    I know some *straight* men who would be kinda offended to be typecast as mindless animals, as well.

    The gay men I know are more domestic than I am. Do you know any gay men or are you just convinced all they do is have meth parties and bareback sex?

  7. #357
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It doesn't matter what you call their lifestyle. The way that the marriage license is currently used is as a legal contract to establish legal kinship to two people who are not already considered legally to be "immediate family". It also provides certain property rights, decision rights, and various other rights/benefits to each person in the relationship due to the nature of the relationship itself. The main reason for this, currently, is to protect the couple, as a whole, and each individual within the relationship because we hold such a relationship to be important and these specific relationships have been shown to benefit society, well beyond whether the couple can have kids or are raising children at all.

    It is the nature of the relationship itself, specifically its stability and the agreement of each person in a marriage to take responsibility for the other person, that benefits society.
    It is much more than that. So I will disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It doesn't matter what the sex of the two involved is because it is most likely that their relationships and whether those relationships fail or not are likely to be in line with the rest of society. Plus, we do not limit opposite sex couples from marriages based either on whether they want kids, can have kids, or are raising kids, nor on what their probability of staying together is.
    You just said the same thing again. Gay marriage is not the same and not about family. Nothing you say can ever convince me of that. If it was about the family, and I witnessed it being about the family I mite think that is a valid reason, it's not. Of course this has little to do with me supporting so.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It's about same sex couples who want to make the same type of commitment or who have already made the same type of commitment as opposite sex couples who are married being given recognition for their commitment and not being discriminated against because they are the same sex rather than the opposite sex as each other.
    Same as above.

    Not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #358
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,154

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Morality is not under any obligation to be objective. That's not what morality is. Morality is relative to the individual, or society. IT defines it.

    Sure there is. Just like morality, sin is subjective. The ethics of sin are the same as the ethics of morality, based on the individual or society.
    Even personal morality is based on something. Even if it's simply the emotional reaction is causes in society. People tend to think about whether their morals are true - even if it's just for them. In the public sphere and in law, though, attempts (increasingly successful over time) at objective morality are the rule.

    Sin requires no ethics at all. That's the point. It is simply fiated into existence and whether it has a basis or a train of thought connected to it is irrelevant.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And I stand by that statement in the case of gay men. It is not a stereo type, it is true, they are men, lol.
    By all means feel free to support that. However, even if true, there may be reasons, like a lack of marrital structure that would help stablize relationships. If we want this stability, shouldn't we promote it,. . with . . let's say something like marriage?

    Just saying . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #360
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    I know some *straight* men who would be kinda offended to be typecast as mindless animals, as well.

    The gay men I know are more domestic than I am. Do you know any gay men or are you just convinced all they do is have meth parties and bareback sex?
    Please point out where I said all homosexuals are meth addicted sex slaves??? Man please get a clue, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •