View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 162 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #181
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What about them? It is entirely possible (however difficult for you to accept) that Heterosexuality IS the normal and natural sexuality for humans and that homosexuality IS a deviancy. I don't mean that to be insulting, YS. Just offering a possibility.
    You really know nothing about my position do you?

    I believe that whatever forms heterosexuality, also is how homosexuality is formed. I think homosexuality is formed due to some deviation in the process of forming sexuality, which happens in the womb. I also believe the process of forming sexuality isn't a black and white thing, I believe sexuality is fluid, and that the majority of people aren't 100% fully heterosexual, or homosexual. I believe that this is how we have heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexulaity.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #182
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I haven't taken the position that it is a choice for everyone. My position is that it may be a choice, consciously or subconsciously, it may be learned, it may be genetic and it may simply be a fetish.

    That's my official position on what causes homosexuality.
    However, according to your definition, it is NOT a natural disposition? As an example, for me sexuality was never a choice, I just liked women. I liked everything about them and I still do. At times they just knock me the **** out. That's just me. I have never tried to figure it out. I like it. It is part of who I am. By the same token I can understand the women feel the same way about men and further I can understand that people feel that way about both sexes and the same sex.

    What I am hearing from you is that it is that you say sexual preference is normal in terms of heterosexuality, but is a choice beyond that. I don't understand the logic.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #183
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    "I think you just said that God is gay." - CaptainCourtesy

    No.

    Now go stand over there so I did get hit with the same bolt of lightning.



    LMAO! Levity is needed. Thanks.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #184
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You really know nothing about my position do you?
    I didn't presume to.

    I believe that whatever forms heterosexuality, also is how homosexuality is formed. I think homosexuality is formed due to some deviation in the process of forming sexuality, which happens in the womb. I also believe the process of forming sexuality isn't a black and white thing, I believe sexuality is fluid, and that the majority of people aren't 100% fully heterosexual, or homosexual. I believe that this is how we have heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexulaity.
    Reasonable. What's your basis for the impact on formation of sexuality in utero?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #185
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Good question, considering there are indications that homosexuality in humans has been around as long as we have....it's possible that it is not natural for it not to exist in humanity. That doesn't rule out it being a fetish or a choice of some sort though.
    Homosexuality has been documented since the earliest records of history. It is very likely it existed before we started documenting history as well.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #186
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I didn't presume to.



    Reasonable. What's your basis for the impact on formation of sexuality in utero?
    I believe it has alot to do with influx of hormones in utero. But we don't know for sure how any sexuality is formed. Therefore I think basing any laws on whether or not how a sexuality is formed is unwise, because we don't know enough.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #187
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    However, according to your definition, it is NOT a natural disposition? As an example, for me sexuality was never a choice, I just liked women. I liked everything about them and I still do. At times they just knock me the **** out. That's just me. I have never tried to figure it out. I like it. It is part of who I am. By the same token I can understand the women feel the same way about men and further I can understand that people feel that way about both sexes and the same sex.

    What I am hearing from you is that it is that you say sexual preference is normal in terms of heterosexuality, but is a choice beyond that. I don't understand the logic.
    Well, first....heterosexuality can be completely natural while homosexuality is not. Second, choice is not always a conscious, reasoned, endeavor. It can be sub-conscious...almost reflex based on conditioning by a multitude of agents. Since there is no conclusive evidence (yet, perhaps) that it is genetic, there is nothing concrete to say otherwise.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #188
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I believe it has alot to do with influx of hormones in utero. But we don't know for sure how any sexuality is formed. Therefore I think basing any laws on whether or not how a sexuality is formed is unwise, because we don't know enough.
    Do you believe you have some hormonal imbalance in relation to straight females?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #189
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Good question, considering there are indications that homosexuality in humans has been around as long as we have....it's possible that it is not natural for it not to exist in humanity. That doesn't rule out it being a fetish or a choice of some sort though.
    You realize, of course, that your argument is beginning to suck hind tit, don't you? With due respect you are beginning to sound like a member of the Christiban.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #190
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    You realize, of course, that your argument is beginning to suck hind tit, don't you? With due respect you are beginning to sound like a member of the Christiban.
    That's funny. Why is that? Because it's not politically correct?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •