View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1591
    User John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    02-16-13 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    OK, let's see if you are a man of your word. MOST folks who come here and post the stuff that you did, have no desire to alter their world view even when facts are presented to them.

    Again, since your entire premise of an increase in the homosexual population is incorrect, this makes no sense.

    There.
    "And you would be wrong. It occurs in nature. Therefore it is natural. If you are looking to use the words "statistically uncommon" you would be correct, however using the word "unnatural" is incorrect and inflammatory. "

    Alright, I will definitely agree with you that it "homosexuality" occurs. I will also agree that "Natural" is at times to subjective a term. Statistically uncommon, certainly. The reason I ultimately agreed with the term unnatural, as was the original question is this post: I have had the opportunity in my life to have as friends and close friends many gay, bisexual and lesbian friends. All of them wonderful people, however. Through the time we've spent knowing each other, they have changed all to eventually become heterosexual. All of whom (over 40 of them) who have come to the conclusion that they were previously wrong. This as you can imagine heavily biases me, so I seek to understand those whom I don't know.

    "Procreation is irrelevant to sexual orientation. Many gay folks have children naturally. As long as the "equipment" works, there is no reason why they can't procreate if they choose to."

    Of this I have no doubt that they are capable, but my understanding as limited as it may be. Suggests that they are significantly less likely.

    "This indicates your bias that homosexuality is a "genetic disorder". This is unproven and, since both heterosexuality and homosexuality are, according to researchers, formed similarly, homosexuality is undoubtedly nothing but a deviation from the statistical norm. Like left-handedness, or being Jewish."

    I would say partially guilty on this one; as I stated before. I believe that some possibly many are due to a "disorder". However, I don't currently believe that this is due to genetic reasons. However as the other fellow pointed out apparently I am quite wrong on left-handedness, and I don't believe being Jewish is genetic.(no matter how much the parents may want it.)

    "Researchers also indicate that environment may have something to do with the formation of sexual orientation... homosexuality AND heterosexuality. You are separating the two which is incorrect."

    I think we can chalk this one up to agreement?

    "This is behavioral and has nothing to do with sexual orientation. There is an absolute difference between sexual behavior and sexual orientation. A gay person may behave in a heterosexual way, and still be gay. The opposite is also true."

    not sure what to say on this, gotta think about it.

    "Your third reason has nothing to do with sexual orientation at all. You have offered no proof that the homosexual population has increased because of the first two... in fact you have shown no proof that the homosexual population has increased at all. Historically, gays have always encompassed between 4%-7% of the population. There has been no change in this statistic. Therefore, your entire premise is incorrect."

    You're absolutely right, I don't go door to door asking people deep and intimate questions. As I have stated above my current beliefs/ideas are based on what I have read/heard and witnessed. Also I merely present the possibility that some don't realize they are.... (there's no polite word and I'm not looking to further upset people) confused/misled? as for the 4-7% seems like that number keeps jumping up, probably just poor reporting of actual numbers.

    Well this has been very informative for me. While I'm not a new convert it has given me a great deal to consider.

    Thank you.

  2. #1592
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    No, homosexuality is not really....a sin.

    And based on the evidence of homosexual acts amoung lots of other animals, homosexuality isn't really "unnatural".

    To sum it up, there is nothing really wrong..with being gay.

    It may seem unusual & even distasteful to some, but its ok to be gay.

  3. #1593
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    I just have to say that I'm disheartened that we're still having this debate in today's society.

    *sigh*
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #1594
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I just have to say that I'm disheartened that we're still having this debate in today's society.

    *sigh*
    yes, it is sad that for whatever reasons they have, some folks just can't leave people who are different...alone.

  5. #1595
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, it is sad that for whatever reasons they have, some folks just can't leave people who are different...alone.
    I think that's too broad, but I see your point.

    Difference in and of itself is not justification for discrimination. When those differences become harmful to others or detrimental to society we must evaluate them. Homosexuality has never been proven to be harmful to others or detrimental to society in anyway that makes it worthy of discrimination or attack.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #1596
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I just have to say that I'm disheartened that we're still having this debate in today's society.

    *sigh*
    I am somewhat heartened by the fact though that its good to see someone come in and at least listen to the opposite opinion of others when presented logically and civily and actually admit where the other person may be more correct.

  7. #1597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think that's too broad, but I see your point.

    Difference in and of itself is not justification for discrimination. When those differences become harmful to others or detrimental to society we must evaluate them. Homosexuality has never been proven to be harmful to others or detrimental to society in anyway that makes it worthy of discrimination or attack.
    homosexuality touches a raw nerve with some folks, for whatever reasons and due to whatever private demons they possess. Rather than insult, defame, and harrass homosexuals for touching that nerve, they should deal with their own issues, whatever they might be, and come to peace with themselves.

  8. #1598
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    How can one prove something is a sin or not? Would that not mean you would have to prove the religion is right?
    Religion seems to be on the path of being more wrong every day..
    Whats even more wrong is people clinging so to the old (Bible, Constitution, superstitions, traditions....none of these are BLINDLY right)...Now I feel that homosexuality is 90% un-natural; NOT 100%.
    Also, it was NEVER a "sin"...
    Last edited by earthworm; 03-13-12 at 11:16 AM.

  9. #1599
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Religion seems to be on the path of being more wrong every day..
    Whats even more wrong is people clinging so to the old (Bible, Constitution, superstitions, traditions....none of these are BLINDLY right)...Now I feel that homosexuality is 90% un-natural; NOT 100%.
    Also, it was NEVER a "sin"...
    does religion make folks homophobic? I'm not sure about that.

    those unfortunate souls who constantly rail against gays and their lifestyle, seem to be motivated by much more than just religious doctrine. IMHO, they are motivated more by personal demons & insecurities..and simply use religion as their excuse.

  10. #1600
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    "Sin" is such a silly idea to be throwing around in this day and age. The idea that there is an objective code of moral conduct beyond simply not hurting other people... There are cultures in this world that are just as moral and legitimate as ours that do not follow our same rules. And many other such cultures have existed throughout history. According to the Jewish tradition from which Christian morals sprung, suicide is one of the ultimate evils. But in other cultures, suicide had a place in their moral code, and could be a good thing.

    And to presume that such an objective moral code comes from the bible? Equally silly. The verse right before the one that condemns male homosexuality prohibits sacrificing one's children to another god. It doesn't prohibit the willful murder of children by their parents, only doing so to appease a different god. Or how about the fact that the penalty for rape is payment to a woman's father, and forcing the woman to marry her rapist. Yes, according to the bible that preaches against homosexuality, abducting and raping women for the purpose of marrying them against their will is fine, so long as you can pay for it.

    "Sin" as we understand it, is a useless idea. We have plenty of morality in us without resorting to what is essentially just an appeal to authority. We understand when our actions cause harm. Morality is about not causing harm, and hopefully causing some joy, too. There is nothing harmful about preferring one kind of consensual sex over another.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •