View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 157 of 162 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1561
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe that your judgement is made in error and ignorance. You don't really grasp what God did for all humanity when Jesus died on the cross. But it's your life and your beliefs and I respect that even if I think you are wrong.

    And? So you believe that PhD's and experts in Biblical hermeneutics and the history of Israel are completely wrong on everything? I am not saying that slavery was a walk in the park, but the truth about slavery in the NT is that it was a contractual agreement. Many people sold themselves as slaves to pay off debts. As previously explained, we get the concept of a bondersvant (which is important in Jame's book) from slavery in the NT.


    And you are free to believe that and I respect that. However, I strongly disagree with your view and interpretation of the Bible and I'll argue that your view of the Bible is wrong.
    I put forward some passages which stated some very explicit things would you care to let me know how those factor in on your view of slavery as it is represented in the Bible. There's not a lot of room for interpretation.

  2. #1562
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe that your judgement is made in error and ignorance. You don't really grasp what God did for all humanity when Jesus died on the cross. But it's your life and your beliefs and I respect that even if I think you are wrong.
    Oh come now. I was raised Christian. I was fed that story from early childhood.
    And? So you believe that PhD's and experts in Biblical hermeneutics and the history of Israel are completely wrong on everything? I am not saying that slavery was a walk in the park, but the truth about slavery in the NT is that it was a contractual agreement. Many people sold themselves as slaves to pay off debts. As previously explained, we get the concept of a bondersvant (which is important in Jame's book) from slavery in the NT.
    Do I believe your particular PhDs and experts? No.

    And you are free to believe that and I respect that. However, I strongly disagree with your view and interpretation of the Bible and I'll argue that your view of the Bible is wrong.
    Well no duh you will argue my view of the Bible is wrong! If I was right, then you would be wrong, and you couldn't deal with being wrong about something that you have emotionally invested so much in. I mean, could you imagine what the effect would be if you believed I was right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #1563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe that your judgement is made in error and ignorance. You don't really grasp what God did for all humanity when Jesus died on the cross...
    there is no evidence that any of this actually happened. its all 2nd hand heresay.

    in summary, the Christ-myth is a cute fairy-tale.

  4. #1564
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    So you ridicule religion, yet you're an agnostic?
    I ridicule religion and I am a Deist.

  5. #1565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Is it genocide for people to be judged for their sins?...
    yes, if one specific nation or people is targeted.

  6. #1566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The Bible calls it a sin, that is what matters. It's an extremely weak argument to say it isn't a sin simply because Jesus did not mention it in specific detail.
    Paul says lots of crap in the NT that Jesus would have thought was crap.

  7. #1567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So...you are arguing that homosexuality is a dysfunction?
    I'm willing to argue that obsessive homophobia is a mental disorder.

  8. #1568
    User John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    02-16-13 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Is homosexuality sinful or unnatural? Why?

    Do you think it sinless and natural? Why?

    Can you prove your claim?
    Is homosexuality a sin? It is my belief based on my faith that it is. However, just as with the thief. I do not hate the individual. I will simply encourage them to make different choices. Dislike the actions, not the person.

    Is it unnatural? I would argue that it is.

    I apologize in advance for the hatred or nasty comments this may inspire. But I wish to air these things to have a better understanding.

    This is strongly based on the following evidence. The only way to produce off-spring in the natural world is for a human. To engage in intercourse with a member of the opposite sex. Therefore it would be logical to assume based on the compatibility of nature, that because two of the same gender will never produce off-spring. It is a useless deviation of the human species.

    Now, based on this some people have gone to the point of ensuring these individuals do not reproduce. This i believe to be cruel and inhumane, these actions are unacceptable in civilized society.

    However, since it can be proven that homosexuality is a non-viable continuation of the human species this question is worth asking:

    How much of the deviations in an individual can produce homosexual tendencies?
    -Genetic Hormonal Imbalance (ie Born this way)
    -Social Conditioning (ie It's ok to experiment)
    -Sexual Confusion/Abuse (ie I can't trust a man/woman)

    these 3 reasons I believe are strong factors in the significant increase in "homosexual population".

    The final basis for increases in homosexual population is manipulation. The belief that various groups wish to use the "victimized" status of homosexuals to change laws and place themselves in power as a champion to the oppressed. I urge caution, I do not believe being gay diminishes the humanity of a person. However I do believe in this day and age in increases the chances manipulation.

  9. #1569
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Is homosexuality a sin? It is my belief based on my faith that it is. However, just as with the thief. I do not hate the individual. I will simply encourage them to make different choices. Dislike the actions, not the person.

    Is it unnatural? I would argue that it is.

    I apologize in advance for the hatred or nasty comments this may inspire. But I wish to air these things to have a better understanding.

    This is strongly based on the following evidence. The only way to produce off-spring in the natural world is for a human. To engage in intercourse with a member of the opposite sex. Therefore it would be logical to assume based on the compatibility of nature, that because two of the same gender will never produce off-spring. It is a useless deviation of the human species.

    Now, based on this some people have gone to the point of ensuring these individuals do not reproduce. This i believe to be cruel and inhumane, these actions are unacceptable in civilized society.

    However, since it can be proven that homosexuality is a non-viable continuation of the human species this question is worth asking:

    How much of the deviations in an individual can produce homosexual tendencies?
    -Genetic Hormonal Imbalance (ie Born this way)
    -Social Conditioning (ie It's ok to experiment)
    -Sexual Confusion/Abuse (ie I can't trust a man/woman)

    these 3 reasons I believe are strong factors in the significant increase in "homosexual population".

    The final basis for increases in homosexual population is manipulation. The belief that various groups wish to use the "victimized" status of homosexuals to change laws and place themselves in power as a champion to the oppressed. I urge caution, I do not believe being gay diminishes the humanity of a person. However I do believe in this day and age in increases the chances manipulation.
    There is something sad about believing that the entire purpose for existence and for any action or deed is to procreate and anything else is simply a "useless deviation" worthy of hate and treated as comparable to asocial behaviors like theft. When people ask me why I could no longer support the Christian faith, this kind of thinking is on the top of the list.

    The purpose of homosexuality, as appears evident by its existance in nature, is to provide a greater adult to child ratio for child rearing purposes and to increase social bonding within highly socialized animals. The fact that Paul gets to define what is natural rather than nature defining what is natural is another less than logical aspect of the Christian faith.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 03-13-12 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #1570
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This is strongly based on the following evidence. The only way to produce off-spring in the natural world is for a human. To engage in intercourse with a member of the opposite sex. Therefore it would be logical to assume based on the compatibility of nature, that because two of the same gender will never produce off-spring. It is a useless deviation of the human species.
    You do know that this is wrong, right? A person does not have to engage in intercourse to produce offspring. That is the most prevalent method, but not the only method. In fact, a few years ago, this woman kept the semen from giving this guy a BJ and impregnated herself with it.

    Man Receives Oral Sex, Ordered to Pay Child Support | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

    And many women now days have gotten pregnant through IV fertilization, which really only takes some guy masturbating in a cup and a lot of money.

    Four Million Test-Tube Babies and Counting - Cristine Russell - Technology - The Atlantic
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •