View Poll Results: Is homosexuality wrong and/or unnatural?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's wrong and unnatural

    22 7.94%
  • It's not wrong, just unnatural

    16 5.78%
  • It's neither wrong nor unnatural

    107 38.63%
  • Don't know/care

    16 5.78%
  • Punish/restrict Christians for being against it

    12 4.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 155 of 162 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1617

Thread: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

  1. #1541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Who gives a crap what you think? Anyone who wasted time threatening to kill you because of your opinions is a loser. You are a guy who believes an old myth because it gives you comfort and gives you a sense of belonging with other people who buy into the same old myth. That doesn't bother me at all. I think its stupid, but hey, you think where I put my penis is stupid, so I guess we are even.
    Your anger is getting to you, badly. I'll leave you to cool off; we can continue this discussion in a few hours or longer.

  2. #1542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Who gives a crap what you think? Anyone who wasted time threatening to kill you because of your opinions is a loser. You are a guy who believes an old myth because it gives you comfort and gives you a sense of belonging with other people who buy into the same old myth. That doesn't bother me at all. I think its stupid, but hey, you think where I put my penis is stupid, so I guess we are even.
    I will pray for you.

  3. #1543
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nah, their mistake is rejecting salvation and choosing hell. God is a judge, we sin and those sins are judged by a just God. Do you get mad when a court sentences a murderer to serve jail time? According to Biblical theology death is something mankind freely chose when the first sin was committed.
    Sounds retarded to me. But I would choose hell over the God of your Bible. Not because I'm a sinner, but because your God is clearly no better than his creations and yet he feels entitled to judge them all. That is pretty pathetic.

    And I've taken college courses analyzing the history and ancient Greek/Hebrew of Biblical text.
    Let me guess. You went to a Christian College that taught you revisionist history so you could sit here and pretend like slavery in the ancient Middle East was a walk in the park.

    Do you interpret the Bible with an intent to find the truth of the text? Or is it in pursuit of trying to mix words to fit a certain lifestyle or deny that certain things are sins because that's what you want the Bible to say? I don't claim to have infallible knowledge about Biblical text, but it's clearly seen within the Bible that homosexuality is not permitted much like murder and sleeping with your mother isn't.
    It's a stupid myth. I interpret is as nothing more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #1544
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    I'm not calling you a bigot, however would you please explain how telling the homosexual community that they're evil and will burn in hell isn't bigotry. Once again not calling you a bigot, as you claim not to be, however I am confused as to how you can say that and at the same time not be guilty of bigotry and an explanation would do a lot to clarify things for me.
    I will pray for you too.

  5. #1545
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Digsbe, I know this is a direct question, but do you actually read books that say Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris writes?

    I'm just interested to know if religious people read books that make them think on what they believe in.
    I used to be an atheist and I am familiar with the arguments and some of the works of Richard Dawkins (like the God Delusion). I have not read his works to completion however. I am not very well acquainted with the work of Sam Harris.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #1546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexxouellette View Post
    I'm not calling you a bigot, however would you please explain how telling the homosexual community that they're evil and will burn in hell isn't bigotry. Once again not calling you a bigot, as you claim not to be, however I am confused as to how you can say that and at the same time not be guilty of bigotry and an explanation would do a lot to clarify things for me.
    I did not say homosexuals are evil. Like others before you, you have not understood this. We are ALL sinners, according to our religion. We are to hate sin, and not the sinners because we all sin. You are mistaken in your use of the term "bigot". "Bigot" is used by those who do not sit and think first, before arriving to an insult that they think is most convenient.

  7. #1547
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by dixiesolutions View Post
    I will pray for you.
    Ah, prayer, how to do nothing and actually think you are doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #1548
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I used to be an atheist and I am familiar with the arguments and some of the works of Richard Dawkins (like the God Delusion). I have not read his works to completion however. I am not very well acquainted with the work of Sam Harris.
    Thanks, I just sort of thought, why do I read these things just to do them (probably) injustice using their thoughts on forums. BTW, I have read your book

  9. #1549
    User alexxouellette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moving back and forth at the speed of light
    Last Seen
    11-01-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    72

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Do you interpret the Bible with an intent to find the truth of the text? Or is it in pursuit of trying to mix words to fit a certain lifestyle or deny that certain things are sins because that's what you want the Bible to say? I don't claim to have infallible knowledge about Biblical text, but it's clearly seen within the Bible that homosexuality is not permitted much like murder and sleeping with your mother isn't.
    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

    Murder is absolutely not permitted unless it's slow and painful of course. The homosexual community however they're really evil......

  10. #1550
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Is Homosexuality sinful and/or unnatural?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Your anger is getting to you, badly. I'll leave you to cool off; we can continue this discussion in a few hours or longer.
    I'm not angry, I'm laughing my ass off. You guys are funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •